Go Bottom Go Bottom

proper battery

View my Photos
bluetay
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-02-10          76583

Can someone tell me what the proper size battery would be for a LK3054 Kioti. It came with a dealer installed battery that appears to small but lists 650cca. The parts store near by listed a group 24 size with 850cca as the proper battery. The tractor is 7 months old with 44 hours on it and it doesn't startlike I think it should. Thanks for any advice.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

proper battery

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-02-10          76584

I suggest contacting your dealer and politely asking hime to replace the battery with the OEM battery that belongs in there or refund the cost to you for purchasing the correct battery. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for your dealer to act on it though; but you have to ask. ....

proper battery

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-02-10          76592

The Kioti dealers either install their own battery or have it installed by Kioti at the NA assembly. Most dealers are going for the assembled tractors by Kioti. I would suspect that the battery is about the right size for the tractor but I would recommend as high of CCA as you can install in the area, as does the replacement guide. The periodic use that the tractor get and the beating they take in the unsprung tractor can knock the plates out of it pretty quickly. I have not had batteries last more than a couple of years.
Some members have tried the valve regulated lead acid batteries like the Optimas, with good success. ....

proper battery

View my Photos
bluetay
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-02-12          76751

Thanks again for the advice fellows. You were right the dealer was non responsive to replacing the battery. However when the glow plugs have the juice from an 850cca battery the tractor starts much better,cleaner and stronger. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login