Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kioti LK 3054 - Opinions Please

View my Photos
joesco
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-08-29          62891

Just sold my Kubota BX2200 and I am on the hunt for a new tractor. I found a dealer in Tilton, NH that sells the Kioti line and he is offering a LK 3054 w/loader for $14,500. I will be doing loader work and hauling cord wood on my property. He is going to upgrade my loader to a 66" bucket, weld a bucket hook and load the rear tires for me.

I am also considering a set of forks for it. Sound like a good deal? I was impressed with the three year parts and labor warranty and also the rugged appearance of the tractor.

Thoughts and comments welcome. Thanks!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
ejkessler

2003-08-29          62896

You might want to consider the kubota 7800. A lot of tractor for the money and you get the three warranty, hydrostat trans. w/ makes loader work much easier and tremendous resale value of the kubota. When I looked into it, the feedback I received gave me the impression that you would probably need the three year warranty on the kioti more often than you might want. ....

View my Photos
DK35vince

2003-08-29          62897

Kioti has been making the 3054 for some time.
They have the older styling,but from what I've read about them seem have a good reputation for being strong and reliable.
The prices I've seen on the 3054 with R-4 tires and loader around $14,000.
The prices in your area could be differant ....

View my Photos
DK35vince

2003-08-29          62899

ejkessler,
The feedback I got on Kioti was the exact opposite of yours.
Nearly all feedback I got was possitive.
I have had My Kioti DK 35 for over a year and 1/2 now and 180 hours.
Works perfect every single time.
I passed up Kubota to go with Kioti and would do it again without hesitation !!!

View my Photos
ejkessler

2003-08-29          62900

Glad to hear that you have had good experience with the Kioti tractor. Nice pics. Sometimes it is hard to seek out objective feedback from multiple sources. No offense intended if any was taken. ....

View my Photos
DIRTBALL

2003-09-06          63298

I bought a tractor from the same dealer good experience with the tractor & the dealer. I have a dk35 75hrs on it. ....

View my Photos
chas1254

2003-09-18          64275

We too are looking for a tractor and are considering the LK3054. We also looked at the B7800, but were surprized how lightweight the Kubota was. The 4WD Kioti weighs in at 2,974 lbs vs the Kubota at 1,741 lbs. While you can add weight to the Kubota, why pay more for a lighter tractor? Doesn't a heavier tractor make for better field work and offset heavy objects while lifting? Of course, you are comparing a hydro to a shuttle trans. With the hydo you sacrifice horse power for the convienience of not having to shift. We are also considering the JD 790 and the NH TC30. From what we have seen listed on Tractor Point, it pretty much is a matter of taste. Everyone has certain preferences and some people have had good experiences with a certain make of tractor while others have not. Some people have loyalty to a particular make. What it boils down to is what you feel is best for your application. Quite a few of the folks who have responded to our questions here at tractor point have urged us to try them all out extensively. Seems like good advise to me. Good luck in your quest. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-09-18          64277

I can think of several reasons for selecting a lighter tractor. Heavier tractors are more difficult to tow, they have less flotation on wet or muddy ground, and they do more turf damage if you mow. It all depends on what your needs are. ....

View my Photos
dutchhenry
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-09-19          64327

Just got my 3054 and have 10 hours with no problems yet. I like it and it seems easy to use for us new tractor drivers.

Good Luck. ....

View my Photos
KIOTIMAN

2003-11-10          68376

I HAVE THE 3054, YOU WON'T FIND A BETTER TRACTOR FOR THE BUCK. ALSO USING A LOADER WITH SHUTTLE SHIFT IS VERY EASY. REMEMBER THERE ARE THOSE WHO OPERATE TRACTORS AND OTHERS THAT MERELY DRIVE THEM. ....

View my Photos
shortmagnum

2003-11-14          68734

Kiotiman, I agree with you on the shuttle shift. I've spent many hours loading dump trucks with a 580 case that had a shuttle shift and they work great (back then we called it a reverser). For my Kubota I passed on the hydro and GST and bought the shuttle shift for simplicity. I expect this tractor to outlast me. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2003-11-14          68795

It takes horsepower to move weight. Takes more fuel to move unnessecary weight. Every tractor company needs the freedom to move the weight they do carry for optimum performance. ....

View my Photos
hurliman

2003-12-24          72115

I am always amazed at how the japs (Kubota) can brainwash people into thinking a lighter aluminum tractor is better than cast iron tractors. And they even get more money for them! ....

View my Photos
moosefishing

2003-12-26          72271

I do not think that "Japs" is the proper slang for South Korea. Feel free to correct me... The term "Japs" refers to the people of Japan.
I am a Kioti dealer in the north Texas area... The 3054 was my "bread and butter" for many years. It is a stout, dependable machine. The DK series tractors knocked the LK's out of my "bread and butter" slot.
Of the hundreds of 3054's that we have sold since the mid 90's, I have seen the insides of only 1 (one) engine... This particular machine belongs to a rental company, and rarely has an easy work day. The owner of this rental company has purchased several machines of differant colors, and has informed me that the Kioti was by far the most reliable rental tractor he ownes.
With the introduction of the LK3054XS, the LK3054 should be even more attractively priced.
I am 5 feet 7 inches tall, 200 lbs, in good health. Just as most all of the "older style" tractors, the machine (3054)is diffucult to get on and off of. However, once on the machine, it fits me like a glove. All the controlls are well placed, easy to operate. The price you quoted from Tilton is a very compettitive price. As far as the 3 year warrenty, chances are you will never need it as long as you do the "mantenance thing" in a timely fashion. ....

View my Photos
doug leidy

2006-01-23          123263

I have the LK 3054 xs with the front loader and backhoe. I work it to death. It's great. It's like sitting on a mountain goat when you are clearing land that is full of pot holes and tree stumps. I have to admit that it gets stuck in the thick mud because I got the industrial tires instead of the farm type tires. The financing was cheap and I use it for everything. I would suggest getting the xs model for the extra hydralics, if you intend to abuse it like I do. ....

View my Photos
masonjar09

2006-01-25          123499

I have a 3054 It has 500hrs on it and the only problem I have had is the front knuckle seals leaking. Parts where easy to get and cheap. Good simple easy to use tractor. ....

View my Photos
vmsmgr1

2006-02-01          123933

I also have a LK3054. I've got 300 hours on it and I've used it for loader work, brush/grass cutting and I have a Farmi winch that I've been logging pine logs up to 24" in diameter and the tractor has had no major problems except for a sight glass for the transmission leaking, which was a matter of getting one ($2.50) and installing it in about 15 minutes. I did have to add front weights and tire chains for working in the snow (logging), but it's a very capable tractor. ....

View my Photos
porterce

2007-05-23          142387

I had my LK3054XS now for almost 4 years, I find it a good basic little tractor, no major problems with it except it wants to tip easy when lifting a relativily light weight with the loader, and is very narrow so you have to be very careful around even minor slopes, but putting the tires out to the maxiumum width on the back and loading the tires will take care of these problems. I like to keep my backblade on with extra weight (pieces of rail track) bolted on in summer and my 580lb blower for winter and this makes it good.

Cheers
Charles

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login