Go Bottom Go Bottom

Slow hydraulics

View my Photos
DaineP
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-01-04          159062

My hydraulics are really slow almost nonexsistant but when the tractor warms up they are usuable but slow and "jerky"

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Slow hydraulics

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-01-04          159063

DaineP,

I just checked the temperature in Vega, Texas. The current temperature there is 32 degrees.

If it was this cold (or colder) when you noticed the problem, I'm willing to bet that you have some moisture in your hydraulic fluid.

Any moisture in your hydraulic fluid will cause severe problems for you when the temps get down to freezing, as you'll end up attempting to pump ice through your filters and pumps. You could end up starving your pump for fluid, causing cavitation, which will destroy your hydraulic pump in a short amount of time.

I highly recommend that you drain and replace your hydraulic fluid, as well as the filter. After refilling the system, do not rev up the engine on your tractor until the hydraulic pump is once again primed.

Joel ....

Slow hydraulics

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-01-05          159079

Sounds like it is low on fluid too. If after topping-off it still jerks and is slow, most likely the pump is shot from cavitation like Joel said. It only takes a few seconds of jerkiness to wipe out the pump. ....

Slow hydraulics

View my Photos
candoarms

2009-01-05          159082

DaineP,

I just checked again this morning. You currently have 16 degrees there in Vega, Texas.

I'm a bit jealous, as it's 42 degrees warmer there, than it is here. 16 above is T-shirt weather for folks around here.

Joel ....

Slow hydraulics

View my Photos
auerbach

2009-01-05          159092

Not familiar with the Kioti but you may have to drain from more than one location, clean an internal filter, change an external one, and put in the right amount of either hyd oil or hyd/trans fluid. If the changeover doesn't cure, we can look at other things. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login