Go Bottom Go Bottom

ignition problem

View my Photos
Hefwannabe
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-10-21          157426

tractor will not start. Does not seem to be getting 12vdc from ignition switch to solenoid. Cannot find a open fuse. Anyone know if this line is fused? If someone could send me a schematic I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Kioti 3054

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

ignition problem

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-10-21          157434

Probably no fuse, more likely the clutch pedal interlock switch. Look under the left floorboard

//greg// ....

ignition problem

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-10-22          157441

If it's not the safety switch (short it with a jumper to test), go over the starting-circuit wires and connectors. Meanwhile, to start, jump between the battery positive and the solenoid switch terminal.

Let us know if you need more info on the above. ....

ignition problem

View my Photos
aosbill
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-12-18          158673

I just got done paying my dealer close to $650.00 to fix this. I had the same problem, turn key to any position and completely dead. Turns out it was the wiring harnesses on the right hand side of the tractor. Apparently what happens if you don't use the tractor enough is the pins inside the wiring harnesses on these tractors, gets corroded and then burns right off. My suggestion is to find out which harness/harnesses are bad and replace the wiring harnesses and put some dielectric grease on ALL connectors. It can also be as simple as the ignition switch. An ignition switch costs about $58.00. My tractor is over 5 years old and only has about 130 hours on it. This summer I am going to pull all connectors apart and put dielectric grease on all connections. Hopefully I won't have this problem again. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login