Go Bottom Go Bottom

JD 2020 Pricing

View my Photos
Jobie Barfield
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-04-16          83287

I'm interested in purchasing a JD 2020.....The asking price is $4500 but 3 different dealers think that the price is to high based on a 25-30 year old tractor.....The tractor has been shed kept, owned by 1 man for the last 20 years, overhauled 2 years ago and the man swears the tractor is perfect.....The paint is faded badly but original and the tractor doesn't appear to be beat up....Rear tires fair, front new......Anyone got any idea on a fair price

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

JD 2020 Pricing

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-04-16          83299

According to machinerylink dot com the last year of production was 1971. A diesel in good condition is worth about $5100, a gasoline version is worth a few hundred less. But machinerylink used prices always seem to be a little higher than the real world. ....

JD 2020 Pricing

View my Photos
Jelliott

2004-04-16          83311

Jobie,

I'm not sure where you are located, but the 2020 as described in your message would certainly bring at least 5k. in north GA. ....

JD 2020 Pricing

View my Photos
Jelliott

2004-04-16          83312

I'll throw in one more comment regarding dealers. The old adage that you are better off selling yourself seems to apply to tractors even more so than cars. I bought a cherry 800 hour 2240 JD around six years ago for $7500. All the dealers at the time told me it was worth $5000 max even though every 2240 I saw advertised in the market bulletin, epuipment trader, etc. was at least $7k. Most were in the 8 - 8.5K range.
Last spring, my father-in-law wanted to trade his fairly nice 8N on a more modern tractor, and the dealer offered $1000. A decent 8N will bring $2500 or so all day long in these parts. In fact that's what he got for it a few days after he parked it in front of his house with a for sale sign on it. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login