Go Bottom Go Bottom

John Deere 4110 rear hydraulics

View my Photos
pctech
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-12-11          70818

I bought my 4110 two months ago. Is there a way to have rear hydraulics without having to unhook the FEL? I am looking to get a hydraulic dump trailer for this tractor. My next question is, is there enough oil capacity?

Thanks,

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-12-11          70825

There is a kind of sneaky way to do it.

If you put a 'T' fitting in the line that curls your bucket upwards you can then run a line to the back and put a quick connect fitting on it.

When you want to raise the dump just move the FEL lever to curl the bucket up, when the cylinder reaches the end of it's travel the pressure will automatically start to raise the dump cylinder. To lower the dump all you do is try to dump the bucket which allows the curl side to return fluid to the reservoir.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
pctech

2003-12-11          70830

Thanks Murf. Sounds so simple. I'll try this weekend if it is not to cold. ....

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-12-11          70856

Deere makes two rear hydraulic kits for the 4110. The rear hydraulic ports are the simplest and cheapest at around $200

Anytime you add a new hydraulic circuit, it takes oil out of the system until the lines and the cylinders are full. When I hooked up my log splitter I had to replenish the tractors hydraulic system with about a gallon of fluid. ....

View my Photos
TomG

2003-12-11          70876

Murf's idea would be an interesting one to try. It should work pretty well. The curl is on the shaft side of the cylinder, which displaces less oil than the piston side so it should be able to accommodate some extra flow when lowering the trailer. The trailer weight also would increase the flow. One thought I have is that there would be extra components in the curl circuit to fail. It could be like a burst hose when the trailer was disconnected--rare but possible. Most times little would happen except the bucket might flop up, but a shut-off valve before the t-fitting might be considered. ....

View my Photos
pctech

2003-12-11          70882

Mark, How do you control the hydraulics? Does it come with it's own control or do I need to use the FEL joystick?
I have search Deere's Web Site for ths add-on and have never been able to find any info on it. ....

View my Photos
TomG

2003-12-12          70910

You might want to think about how any valve that's on the trailer would work in the tractor's system. Even if it were an open center type it probably wouldn't carry the flow of the tractor's system. It should work as a leg from a control valve on the tractor for a single acting cylinder if bungeed one way for lifting and the other way for lowering. I'm assuming it's a single acting cylinder. The lift speed may be too fast if driven from the tractor's pump, but flow restrictors or fancier solutions could be used.

I think I said 'bucket could flop up' about Murf's sneaky and cheap idea when I meant 'unexpected dump,' which could be more of an issue but still worth thinking about. Another reason for a shut off valve might be to keep air out of the hose when the rear leg wasn't in use. If air from cavitation etc. collected in the line the bucket circuit would be spongy and the line would have to be bled. ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-12-12          70927

For "power beyond" and "rear hydraulic outlet" pictures and information:

1. click on 4110 web page below.

2. Click on "build and price".

3. Click on " Attachments for field conversion"

4. Click on the blue circles to bring up pics and info.

Link:   

Click Here

View my Photos
pctech

2003-12-12          70954

Thanks Mark, If I get the Rear hydraulic outlet kit for the 4110, 4115, and 4100 Tractors (1/2 rear couplers)(PN LVB25362), is that all I need? Will I also need the Power Beyond Kit(BM19290)? When I go to JD parts .com, I can buy it for $105.00. That makes me wonder if I need more stuff.

I'm assuming that since the outlet kit says "kit" it is all I will need but I don't want to order it and then have to buy more.

Thanks for all the info.

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-12-12          70960

The power beyond kit provides a constant flow of pressurized fluid anytime the engine is running. It is designed to provide power to any type of rear implement that has it's own control valve(s).

I assume your dump trailer has it's own actuating valve. If it is an open center valve, I think you will be in the dump trailer business.

The rear hydraulic outlet kit has the same connectors as the dual SCV's for your FEL. It looks to me like an alternate outlet for the FEL SCV's ....

View my Photos
TomG

2003-12-13          71030

Most trailers have their own hydraulics and I'm not sure why they wouldn't work. For using the tractor system, It might be good to consider a few things. I mentioned flow rates for example. If PB flow is run through a restrictive valve, the unloaded system pressure increases, which takes HP the whole time the connection is in place. Getting up hills could be a problem. In a worst case the oil could over-heat during prolonged operation. Granted a mismatch large enough to cause unmanageable problems doesn't seem too likely but it's probably good to think about these things--especially if the trailer hoses are smaller diameter than the loader hoses.

Another thing to consider is whether the trailer valve is power-beyond rated. If the loader is a PB hookup the flow goes on the 3ph. Another valve between the loader and 3ph also is a PB application. If the trailer valve isn't PB rated then it could be ruined if the 3ph with a heavy load was placed in lift while the trailer valve was active. Granted, not too much chance but it seems good to be aware of what could happen.

It might also be good to ensure that the trailer system doesn't have a higher relief pressure than the tractor system and it might not dump at all. Oil requirements can be calculated from cylinder length and diameter but the level could just be checked when the cylinder is extended. You'd likely want to use the same oil as the tractor in the trailer reservoir. ....

View my Photos
TomG

2003-12-13          71059

Here's further thought about oil capacity. It's probably not a problem if the trailer has a double acting cylinder. It may take a lot of oil to charge it but once it's charged the shaft side puts almost as much oil back into the reservoir as is pumped into the piston side. If it's a single acting cylinder there could be a problem but many tractors tolerate a bit of overfilling. Levels should be checked with everything retracted. Especially with a single acting cylinder, levels shouldn't be topped up when cylinders are extended. ....

View my Photos
Kolorad

2018-06-08          197797

Hi there! Does anyone happen to know if [url=https://www.greenfarm.mobi/john-deere-d140-accessories.html]john deere d140 accessories[/url] match other models? It happened so that I own d125 and have some d140 accessories, has anyone tried combining them? If you've got any ideas, could you please write me back? I'll be waiting for you to keep in touch with me! ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login