Go Bottom Go Bottom

4310 steering wheel wont lock

View my Photos
deeretome
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2015-02-22          192182

i have a jd4310 an my steering colum move all over ( wont lock ) i have seen a lot of people have had same problem . how hard is it to fix ? and it wont move unless u pull up clutch pedal . any pictures of colum or anwsers

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2015-02-24          192188

This may not be very helpful and does not answer your question, but maybe it will help someone.

Mine broke the same way. It breaks when someone grabs it to hoist themselves onto the tractor, instead of the supplied hand holds. In my case I loaned the tractor to a contractor who was doing some work here and he broke it. Apparently it was not locked all the way and a tooth broke off of the mechanism. Since he was paying I had it fixed by Deere. They replaced a few broken parts in the mechanism AND the steering wheel that the mechanic broke when pulling it off. It was about a $1k repair which was nuts.

If I was paying I would have attempted the fix myself.

If you ever loan it out be sure to instruct the borrower to NOT use the steering wheel to pull themselves into the seat. ....

View my Photos
harvey
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2015-02-27          192215

Sounds like your clutch return spring is broken. It's on the clutch pedal.

For what it's worth. I'm having a issue with the clutch engaging. I think have some roughness on the splines on the input shaft and it's binding there. When summer gets here I'll break the tractor and see what's going on. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login