Go Bottom Go Bottom

4010 diesel john deere

View my Photos
role12
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-09-30          166052

i have a 4010 john deere while i was mowing it lost power and then it turned off, i cranked it and it started but lost power again. i change the fuel filter and it did not start so i released the nut to the fuel line from the fuel injection pump to the tank and it turned on with no problem, and as i tightened the nut it turned off, i would release the nut and it turned on again, i clean the return line, and it still did the same thing, could it be the fuel injection pump

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

4010 diesel john deere

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-09-30          166064

Just as a matter of procedure........ did you check to see if the air filter is clean and the fuel tank is properly vented? ....

4010 diesel john deere

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-09-30          166067

sounds like the return line is still clogged. With the return line disconnected will it run okay? ....

4010 diesel john deere

View my Photos
jdgreen

2009-09-30          166083

Do you have a compact utility 4010 or a 1960's 4010 row-crop tractor? It does sound as if you could have a clogged return line. If I know which 4010 you have I might be able to give more specific info. ....

4010 diesel john deere

View my Photos
role12

2009-10-01          166089

i checked the return line took it all apart, and it still did the same thing, so i asked a friend to check it, and he took the fuel injection pump off, and noticed that it had a worn out bearing and the plastic seal which holds it was bridle and was breaking in small pieces which would get in the return line clogging it. I appreciate you all help, and i hope this will help somebody in the future. The rest of the fuel pump was in excellent condition, and he found no water damage inside thank god. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login