Go Bottom Go Bottom

John Deere vs Kubota Compact Tractor for New House

View my Photos
yodaddyo
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-11-10          68372

HELP, im in the market for a new tractor and would like some input from some other owners. we were looking at a kubota bx22 w/ backhoe and loader for $15000 and a jd 4110 for around $19500. i am thinking of going up in size to a jd 4310 but not sure if it is woth the extra price. so i quess my question is to all of you is what do you reccommend a jd or kubota and wht size. im looking to get a backhoe to do things around the two houses we are looking to build but my dad says its a waste of money and i wont use it much, any thoughts, advice on problem points. thanks ( this is my first post on this board so go easy on me) corey

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-11-10          68387

First of all, let me welcome you to the forum! There are lots of friendly people here who love to answer and debate questions.

JD and Kubota both sell good equipment. You'll find people have their favorites but when all is said and done most Kubota owners are happy with their machines and so are most JD owners (and so are owners of most other brands). When you're shopping you need to drive both machines and find machine and dealer you're most comfortable with. I would run from a dealer that can only sell their equipment by badmouthing the competition. They need to know their equipment to sell it's strong points.

As far as what models may fit your needs you didn't give us enough to go on. How big is your property? Is it flat or hilly? What type of soil? Clay, rocky, sandy? What do you need to do with it? Blow snow, finish mow, rotary cutting, fence building, build or maintain a driveway, excavate for building, pull stumps, grow hay,???? Your intended uses will dictate the best size of machine for you.

If you rarely need a backhoe it may make more sense to rent when needed. Less equipment to buy, store, and maintain. ....

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-11-10          68401

Welcome, I do hope Ken didn't give you to big of a list. He's gotten good at it and I used to feel guilty asking so many questions to somebody I just met. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-11-10          68404

I've always been good at asking questions. Answering them is another story entirely LOL ....

View my Photos
pkwiatkowski

2004-09-11          96238

I think it will come down to what you get use to.....both manufacturers make good machines. I owned a 4300 about 2 years ago with a FEL and BH. I was very impressed with what the machine could do and had no problems with it. I am also in the process of building and will be buying another tractor. You may want to do what I just did. I was thinking of going kubota this time, and rented one for the weekend to do work around the property. After spending two days with it, I will be staying green....I think the Deere's are much more well thought out. The hydro pedal system is more comforable, and the turning brakes are where they should be. The loader lever is also more comfortable than the kubota. The kubota did not seem to be as rugged as my deere was IMO. It all may just be what I am use to......bottomline, try them out and see which one you like. either way you go, it will get the job done. (BTW - the machine I rented was a L3710 w/hydro and FEL) I will be going back to the Deere dealer :-) ....

View my Photos
dklopfenstein

2004-09-12          96268

Are you planning on mowing with the tractor? If you are, I would recommend the medium frame Deere...suspended deck, load match, speed match, cruise with resume (option), seperate PTOs for mid and rear, deck not hooked to 3PH, positon control standard...all that and a superior finished look. If you do not plan to use it for mowing, I would look seriously at the L series Kubota...better warranty and better price. Either way, I would highly recommend a medium sized CUT...many more features and more power that you will definately be glad for time and time again. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2004-09-12          96309

On the Kubota you an mount the joystick on the right fender area just like on the other tractors that offer them there. I often here that they don't offer it but they do. ....

View my Photos
hardwood

2004-09-13          96316

About the only thing I'll add is go for the medium frame size(4310-4410) in a Deere or what ever that frame size corresponds to in a Kubota. It just seems to me you get lot more tractor for not a lot more money. Frank. ....

View my Photos
hardwood

2004-09-13          96317

About the only thing I'll add is go for the medium frame size(4310-4410) in a Deere or what ever that frame size corresponds to in a Kubota. It just seems to me you get lot more tractor for not a lot more money. Frank. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2004-09-13          96321

You never said how much property you have or what your plans are for your property. It would be a shame for all of us to have you buying a 3000 lb plus tractor for a one acre yard! ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login