Go Bottom Go Bottom

Price Check on a JD 4100

View my Photos
teamcaffeine
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-03-25          152418

4100, 4x4, R4 tires, gear transmission, 550 hours, FEL, 60" mid mount mower, grader box. Asking $9300.

Opinions?

Darren

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Price Check on a JD 4100

View my Photos
cutter
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-03-28          152521

Art White is the one with a dealership and can possibly provide insight on the current market conditions, hope he reads this. Personally, I think it is a bit too high for a gear transmission with 550 hours. How old? ....

Price Check on a JD 4100

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-03-28          152523

Darren,

Not everyone here will agree with me on this issue........but even if he were asking only 3000 dollars for the gear transmission tractor, I'd hesitate to write him a check.

I've owned two other tractors, prior to purchasing the little Kubota B2100 I currently own. Both were gear models. The little Kubota is a Hydrostatic drive machine, and I will NEVER go back to gears on any compact tractor.

Whatever extra money you have to pay in order to get the hydro transmission, it will be worth it. But, that's just my opinion.

Joel ....

Price Check on a JD 4100

View my Photos
teamcaffeine

2008-03-28          152527

It is a 99 and has been very well maintained.

Joel,

I have a hydro JD 345 and love it. I am not to worried about the geared tractor having 'grown up' on a farm that had nothing but geared equipment. I am still going to look however :-)

Darren ....

Price Check on a JD 4100

View my Photos
hardwood

2008-03-29          152532

I won't comment on the price as I don't keep up well enough on the subject, but it does seem there is a lot of equipment with it that is pretty pricey stuff to buy new. 550 hours isn't enough on a well maintained tractor to be of much consequence, there should be lots of good hours left before any major overhaul is required. Far as gear drive is concerned. I too was a lifelong farmer growing up on gear drives, so to me gear drives are just more of a natural on a tractor of any size. You mention that you have a Deere 345 mower with hydro drive, we have two of them and just love them, but they are a lawn mower not a tractor. I'm on my third Deere compact gear drive and will get another gear if I trade again. Personally I would almost give a bit of a premium to get a gear drive. Frank. ....

Price Check on a JD 4100

View my Photos
cutter

2008-03-29          152533

That's why they make different kinds :)

Personally, I hate mowing with a gear drive and loader work is more difficult, however I have done plenty of it with an old Ford gear drive and two lever bucket control.

I'll take my 580 with the shuttle any day for that work. ....

Price Check on a JD 4100

View my Photos
bvinduck

2008-04-01          152647

FYI- I have a JD 4600 that I'm selling for $10000.00. It has 2180 hrs, Hydro trans, 72inch mid mount mower, 460 loader with 3th valve for 4 n 1 bucket (I'm keeping 4 n 1) material bucket is selling with tractor. Tractor runs great!

I hope this give you an idea or tells me I'm not asking enough? Either way I hope this helps. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login