Go Bottom Go Bottom

Price on a JD 3320

View my Photos
MTmike
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-03-20          140570

I currently have a Kubota BX2350 and am going to trade it in for a bigger tractor. After all the snow this winter, the BX proved to be to small for me. I am looking at a JD 3320 4X4 with Hydro trans, R4 tires, 4 wheel weights, 300X Loader, 73" loader bucket, 72 " Bush Hog Box scraper, and 72" Bushhog rotary cutter. After talking to multiple JD dealers the best price I have got is $22,500 with no trade. Does anyone know if this is an OK deal?
Thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Price on a JD 3320

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-03-20          140577

My seat-of-the-pants meter feels that price is not bad, but I'd recommend finding the MSRP and then knocking 10-15% off for comparison. That's about as good as you'll get. The JD web site used to have a "build and price" feature that would allow you to get MSRP but I'm not sure they still do that for all models. ....

Price on a JD 3320

View my Photos
hardwood

2007-03-21          140579

MTmike; I won't comment on the price as you don't state what brand the box scraper and rotary cutter are. Different brands and being heavy or light duty can make a big difference in the cost. Are the dealers recommending the 73 in. bucket, the 72 in box scraper and the 72 in rotary cutter? I have a 4310, kinda the same thing as a 3320. The box scraper you only want wide enough to cover the tracks of the tractor by 2 or 3 inches on each side, they can become a real load in a hurry. In anything other than pasture trim work the 72 in. cutter is a bit much not only for horsepower but to lug it around and will be pretty clumbsy in tight quarters. The 73 in. bucket is maybe OK if you never get into real packed hard snow and NEVER fill it with dirt or gravel, it is just too big. Get the 61in. heavy duty with the replacable cutting edge. Your new loader will last lots longer without the added twist on the frame that a too wide bucket will put on it. Been there done that part. Frank. ....

Price on a JD 3320

View my Photos
hardwood

2007-03-21          140580

MTmike; Sorry, you do state that the box scraper and rotary cutter are Bush hog brand. Bush Hog does build good quality products, but I know nothing about their prices. Best of luck. Frank. ....

Price on a JD 3320

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-03-21          140586

Frank brings up some excellent points on the implements. On the rotary cutter if you're cutting any thick or woody stuff I'd recommend a 5 foot medium duty cutter over a 6 foot light duty cutter. ....

Price on a JD 3320

View my Photos
MTmike

2007-03-21          140593

Thanks for the input. I looked at MSRP and they are giving me 16% discount.
Thanks
Mike ....

Price on a JD 3320

View my Photos
MTmike

2007-03-21          140594

The box blade is a Bush Hog SBX72 and the rotary cutter is a BH SQ72. I asked the JD dealer to give me the biggest implements that the tracter would support.Thank you for your input, I now understand that bigger isnt always better. The reason I wanted the bigger bucket was all the snow we had this year. My house sits about 7000 feet above sea level and the snow is usually pretty light, but I have alot of quantity.
Thanks again.
Mike ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login