Go Bottom Go Bottom

Price Quote on a 3520

View my Photos
scottrh
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-07-21          132445

Hi, I am considering moving up from my Kubota BX2200 to a Deere 3520. I have a quote from a dealer here in Texas of 25,000.00 out the door with tax included. That includes the 300CX loader, eHydro trans, 60 inch 7 Iron MMM, and turf tires. Does this sound like a fare price? thanks, Scott H.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Price Quote on a 3520

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-07-21          132451

Not sure about that model, but if you can get 10-20% of MSRP you're doing well. Did they give you an itemized price showing MSRP and any discount? ....

Price Quote on a 3520

View my Photos
scottrh

2006-07-21          132454

Hmmm. 10-20 off. No, they did not give me an itemized list. Would you think I should give them the build list off of the Web, and ask how much they will come down? is this a good approach? ....

Price Quote on a 3520

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-07-21          132456

An up-front dealer should tell you what MSRP is and what kind of discount you're getting. If they won't then maybe they're hiding something. My gut says this price is maybe $1000 high but don't take that as gospel. You can always counter with a lower offer. ....

Price Quote on a 3520

View my Photos
hugheswill

2006-07-21          132467

I recently purchased a 3120 with similar equiqment for not much less, 300cx FEL and RFM. I've got the mid PTO and cruise control and rear hydralics plus larger tires as add ons. I could have gotten a larger 20 series tractor which wasn't from the local JD dealer but was located near Waco for about the same price, but it had about 90 hours on it and looked to have been used for pulling stumps and would have required renting a trailer and towing it home. So considering the cost I decided to order one and ended up going with the local dealer. You might do better buying something in stock. I'd be interested in knowing if the cruise control is included on all 20 series tractors as a standard feature. I haven't seen any other 20 series tractors at our local dealer. ....

Price Quote on a 3520

View my Photos
whiteturbo

2006-07-21          132472

Sounds high to me I bought one of the first 3520 cab tractors last year in DEC. for 29,500.00 or it may have been 29,000.00 even I can't remember right now. I bought the deluxe cab with 60"mmm 300 cx loader with 4n1 bucket and leveling guide and the electric diverter valve and radio kit....not the radio just the kit to install it that includes the speakers. Now I did install all this myself and that was before any state taxes. So if you are going to pay that much maybe you should think about the cab tractor. I love mine. ....

Price Quote on a 3520

View my Photos
whiteturbo

2006-07-21          132473

One more thing i don't think the cabs are selling as well as JD expected so you may even get a better deal that you think on the cab model if you have a need for a cab. ....

Price Quote on a 3520

View my Photos
whiteturbo

2006-07-21          132474

Go to the jd website and build your tractor the way you want it and it will be close to the list price. This will give you some idea if they are discounting the tractor any. ....

Price Quote on a 3520

View my Photos
kwschumm

2006-07-21          132479

Unfortunately JD seems to have changed their web site so it doesn't give a price anymore. It allows you to build and accesorize and then "request a quote". Are quotes routed to JD or to a nearby dealer? ....

Price Quote on a 3520

View my Photos
whiteturbo

2006-07-21          132484

I just built a 3520 with a 60" MMM and 300cx loader 61 " bucket r3 tires mid pto and a few things so my site does let you build and price.

Configured Price: $27,840.00

Price Quote on a 3520

View my Photos
kwschumm

2006-07-21          132485

whiteturbo, what do you mean by "my site"? I tried building a 3520 and it gave the MSRP for implements but no pricing on the tractor. I built it up to the point where it said "request quote". It definitely works different than it used to work, at least it does for the 3520. If you click "request quote" does it give you an immediate price? ....

Price Quote on a 3520

View my Photos
chrisscholz

2006-07-21          132497

Anyone considering a 3320 or 3520, you can contact Brad Cross at Cross implement in Minier, Illinois. He will get you a 6 month old machine, fully loaded, anyway you want it for about $4000 to $5000 cheaper than brand new. He leases a new unit to the local school system every 3-4 months and always has a nice unit coming in for trade. The school system uses them to mow, and maintain baseball diamonds. He will also sell you other items like lights, three point attachments, for about twenty percent off. The customer service was perfect from this dealer. I bought a 2005 3520/ehydro/300cx/72mmm/4wd for $20250. ....

Price Quote on a 3520

View my Photos
scottrh

2006-07-22          132499

Ok everyone, as an update, 2 JD dealers are matching the 25000 price quote on the config which I started this thread so it does seem this may be a fare number. However, the 2520 has now grabbed my eye, and I am out to see this one - it may be the right on for me as a step up from my BX2200 Kubota. Keep you posted. Thanks Scott. ....

Price Quote on a 3520

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2006-07-22          132500

Scottrh
Too funny! I done the same thing a few years back. Asked alot of questions here, found out the tractor for me was not the one I really needed, bought a different one.
BTW, extremely happy with mine.
Good choice on signing up here, it will do nothing but save you money (at the least) since information is worth more than money anyways!
Welcome ....

Price Quote on a 3520

View my Photos
whiteturbo

2006-07-22          132501

I just went to the john deere site and build 3520 and it shows all the list prices. All the sites should be the same. ....

Price Quote on a 3520

View my Photos
kwschumm

2006-07-22          132509

I did some experimenting and discovered if you go to the JD website and click on "Build Your 3520" it does indeed show the prices. If you click on "Build Your Own" it doesn't show all prices and allows you to request a quote. So whether or not you see prices seems to depend on which path you take.

Scottrh, to play around with prices you can use the JD web site to get MSRP and figure a minimum 10% off for a reasonable deal. ....

Price Quote on a 3520

View my Photos
scottrh

2006-07-25          132606

brokenarrow,
>Too funny! I done .....it will do nothing but save you money (at the least) since information is worth more than money anyways!
Welcome
+1. and thanks.

kwschumm,
>.......get MSRP and figure a minimum 10% off for a reasonable deal.
thanks.

I have indeed decided now to go with the 2520. One thing I am running into is that it is difficult to actually see one, and even more difficult to see the 62D MMM (drive-over). I have one on order now from a Houston dealer (who had a 2520 but no 62D). Looks like sometime in September before it is all there - apparently Deere is having trouble delivering 62D's to the dealers.
Scott.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login