Go Bottom Go Bottom

Fair price for a 1987 755 4wd

View my Photos
MikeMag
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-11-27          101147

Appreciate any help! Looked at a 755 with 2700hrs. Has steel aftermarket cab with heater, wiper, interior fan etc. and front hydraulic blade. Cosmetically rough but runs well and everything works including heater in cab.
Seller has medical problems and can't use. Asking price was $4,700, but without any negotiation he suggested $3,000 would take it. I had tractor mechanic (not dealer) go with me and running condition meets with his approval.
Opinions??? Sound right? Too much.....Too cheap?
Thanks, Mike

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-11-27          101149

I think it sounds like a heck of a deal. At that price you could spend a few grand on repairs and still sell it for what you had in it. My opinion, of course. ....

View my Photos
dsg
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-11-27          101162

If it is the old 2wd model w/o the 3pt hitch then its a good deal. If it is 4wd (mfwd) with the 3pth then it's a Great deal. Most of the early models had a problem with the paint sticking to the metal and it gave them a terrible appearance.

David

View my Photos
MikeMag
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-11-28          101187

Thanks for the insight! I verified through the serial # that it is a 1987 model. It does have MFWD and the three point hitch. The plow blade has hydraulic angle along with the up/down mode. At one time it had a belly mower so it does have the mid pto.

Is there anything to be concerned about with the 2700 hrs?

I have never owned a diesel before. Always had the V-Twin Kawasaki's in my previous Deeres. My current ride is an X575. I plan to keep it as it is perfect for mowing. It just doesn't have the physical size/weight to handle the drifting on my 900' paved driveway. I thought the 755 with almost double the weight would be more appropriate.

Also what size rear snowblower would this machine at 15pto hp handle? Any suggestions?

I appreciate your comments gentlemen!!! ....

View my Photos
dsg

2004-11-28          101203

Mike, I wouldn't worry much about the hours if it has been well cared for, under good care the engine should go 5,6000 hours without a major overhaul. I know nothing about snowblowers and will not comment.

David ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login