Go Bottom Go Bottom

Primary Clutch 1998 Turf Gator

View my Photos
sthomson76
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-05-14          170782

I am Looking for a Primary Clutch, is there an alternative rather than the John Deere Clutch? i cant seem to find one under 300 dollars. how do I find out who actually makes the clutches and If I can replace the spider and the plate on the engine side of the clutch? Thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-05-14          170790

What part do you need? There often are friction supply houses that can reline the disk and some places can rebuild the entire unit. Not sure if that would be cheaper but it might be worth a few phone calls to find out.

View my Photos
sthomson76
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-05-14          170791

Actually My Father cracked the dish closest to the engine, and the spider. I figured I could get parts separate, although I have no idea what to look for, I cant believe that there isn't the same exact clutch out there that is used on something else? The new clutches are around 300 dollars, so to buy the spider and the back disk, from the pricing I found it is cheaper to by the whole thing. Anymore idea's will help. Thank you for your help. Scott ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login