Go Bottom Go Bottom

JD 455 Power Loss going uphill

View my Photos
darreljwick
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-08-22          173367

I have a 2001 455 with 860 hrs. I recently bought it and have put about 20 hours on it. All was fine until today. It will lose rpm and bog down while going forward uphill. Will do it with or without PTO engaged. When back on the flat it will power up again on its' own. It will not do this going backwards up or down hill and operates fine. I was told it has a new fuel filter. Looking for some help here. Is there either a fuel or lift pump? If so, could this be it? Thank you in advance.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-08-23          173378

Why would it quit (intermittently or solidly) when the front is higher than the back? Well, the driver's pressure on the seat changes, possibly affecting the under-seat safety cutoff. ....

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-08-23          173388

I read this it does not cut off but rpms drop, correct? If that is correct based upon your other points here are my thoughts and I don't know your tractor model.

The fuel pickup tube in towards the front of the tank and either the fuel is low enough or there is trash in the tank that floats over the tube when the tractor is facing up hill. Of the tube is towards the rear and there is water or gelled fuel in the tank and it covers the pickup tube. Unless due to low fuel think you have trash in the tank.

Guess if water it could be in the filter and not the tank. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login