Go Bottom Go Bottom

How do I get out the fuel pump on jinma 224

View my Photos
Higgi52
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2015-05-17          192792

all the banjo fittings are off and cables are disconnected and removed from fuel pump assembly. The three bolts holding it to the tractor are off. It comes out like maybe 3/4 of an inch and it won't come out any further. Can fully rotate it... Is there something I'm missing inside?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
popcornfart

2015-05-17          192793

Well as my daddy would tell me, If you sit there and play with it for a little bit it will work itself out.:😁
Dumb question have you tried to google it for a parts catalog and you may get a page with an exploded view on it

If ya don't get any answers call Discount tractor in
in the south Houston area, they have been very helpful for me on my YD385 tractor, don't have # right now, but can get it for ya if ya need it. ....

View my Photos
Higgi52

2015-05-17          192794

Quote:
Originally Posted by popcornfart | view 192793
Well as my daddy would tell me, If you sit there and play with it for a little bit it will work itself out.:😁 Dumb question have you tried to ...

Well I have 2 manuals here with me and they literally just explain how a fuel pump is supposed to work. Even says don't remove it
I've heard of that place in Houston I might give them a ring if I can find their number ....

View my Photos
Cyrus55

2015-05-18          192795

I have not taken the injection pump off my Jinma, but I have a similar Chinese tractor that I did pull the pump on.
Some of these have the pump keyed to the gear and some are just a press fit. I had to pull the gear cover on the fan side of the pump to get access to the gear that drives the pump. The gear, on my tractor, did NOT fit through the opening to remove the pump as this is all a timed setup. I hope you have marked everything. Now you will need to remove the pump gear before the pump will actually slip through the hole.
Big question, why are you removing the pump? In the previous discussion I remember you saying you had fuel coming from the injector lines when you cranked the engine. It would seem that after replacing the filters it might be ready to go. If still no start, Greg mentioned cleaning the injectors. Have you done that? ....

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2015-05-19          192809

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgi52 | view 192792
Can fully rotate it... Is there something I'm missing inside?
Pretty sure you have to remove the front cover of the drive gear housing. But mark the teeth, you want to mate the same teeth when it comes time to put it back in.

You mind sharing why you're taking it off in the first place?

//greg// ....

View my Photos
jadezhang
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2015-05-21          192812

I know a Chinese manufacturer, which supplies all the tractor parts, especially Jinma tractor. ....

Link:   Jinma tractor parts and other Chinese tractor parts

View my Photos
Higgi52

2015-05-25          192831

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg_g | view 192809
Pretty sure you have to remove the front cover of the drive gear housing. But mark the teeth, you want to mate the same teeth when it comes time to pu ...

I was going to replace the pump assembly.. I coul be totally wrong here as i haven't worked on one of these tractors before but I thought that whole thing with all the banjo fittings was the fuel pump assembly... What is it?

View my Photos
Cyrus55

2015-05-26          192832

Yes, it probably is the whole fuel injection pump assembly. The question Greg and I have is why are you replacing it. If you have a little bit of fuel coming from each of the injection lines as you rotate the engine, it indicates the pump is working.
You had a problem with fuel getting to the pump, if I remember. Given the fuel being bio fuel, which has a tendancy to remove "black stuff" from the fuel system and plug filters, that needs to be taken care of.
Next, given the fuel from the injection pump would indicate that you did have fuel from pump, so next to check would be injectors. that can be done by removing them, reinstalling on the injector lines, priming the pump and injectors, and rotating the engine with the starter to check for fuel coming from injectors. If the fuel coming from the injector is not in a fog or sprays off to one side the injector is not performing correctly and needs attention or replacing. ....

View my Photos
arcwelder

2015-06-01          192875

If you have been rotating the pump around more than one revolution, you probably have the timing off now.
you will need to set the timing for the pump again from scratch. ....

View my Photos
bemike61

2015-12-13          194197

hi greg g are you still around. you helped me few years ago about replacing clutch in taishan ts 304a 2 cylinder ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login