Go Bottom Go Bottom

2003 Farm Pro front differenial

View my Photos
pickinpough
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-12-17          175820

I have a couple of questions. The first is I wanted to drain and refill the front differenial. I have found three drain plugs, one in the center of the diff, and one below each wheel gear box. (4 wheel drive) I have found what I would call a fill plug on the right side of the axle and a dip stick on the left. does the front axle and wheel differenials share the same reservior? Can I use the fill plug and then the dip stick to fill to the correct level? The reason I asked is I went under that assumtion and the fill plug filled up but not much changed on the dip stick. I decided to let it sit and see if it levels out since it is gear oil that I put in.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-12-17          175821

You are correct in assuming three drains and a common fill point. But it will take 80W90 a long time to flow to the outboard drives this time of year. I suggest you drive it around to thin out the oil before topping it up. You might have to do this several times before the levels equalize between the differential and the drive hubs.

//greg// ....

View my Photos
pickinpough

2010-12-18          175825

Thanks Greg,

Do you have or do you know how the front coupler goes together? My manuals do not have the front axle in 4x4. the reason I ask is I noticed the boot loose on the drive shaft enclosure. I moved it back to inspect it and noticed the rubber boot off of the coupler and a ball bearing out of place. with some effort I was able to get the ball bearing back in. My concern is, the ball bearing retaining washer is on the outside of the snap ring, so it has about a 1/4" play to move up and down the shaft, It seems to me this washer should be behind the snap ring. I have never had it apart but it was a used tractor when I bought it. do you know or have a diagram that shows the assembly?

Thanks Mike ....

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-12-18          175826

Picture Link
Jinma Farmpro Agracat Nortrac 2003 Farm Pro front differenial

View my Photos
pickinpough

2010-12-18          175827

Thanks Greg

That confirms my thoughts on how it goes together. Where did you buy the manual that has the front diff and drive line from?

Mike ....

View my Photos
greg_g

2010-12-18          175828

Didn't. Manuals are supposed to come with the tractor. But since you bought used, they're probably still with the seller. If he doesn't have them (or got the wrong ones with the tractor), click the link below. Couple more clicks and you're at the manuals section.

I advise you get all four:
Tractor Operations & Maintenance
Tractor Parts
Engine Operations & Maintenance
Engine Parts

Since yours is a 2003, buy the non-EPA manuals.

//greg// ....

Link:   FarmPro Parts

View my Photos
rrjosh

2011-06-01          178765

Greg is right on in his advice I stock all of these manuals. Also you could just call with any questions and I will be glad to answer. google me at r&r farm equipment Inc Jonesboro ar 72404 thanks Josh...... ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login