Go Bottom Go Bottom

CLUTCH

View my Photos
JAMESC1212
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-08-07          155903

WHILE MOWING THE LAWN WITH MY JINMA 284 IT BEGAN TO SLOW DOWN AND THEN COMPLETELY STOPED. THE ENGINE RAN FINE BUT IT JUST STOPED GOING FOWARD. TRIED PUTTING IT IN LOW GEAR RANGE AND IT SEEMED LIKE IT WANTED TO MOVE BUT WOULD ONLY GO ABOUT 1 INCH AND THEN ROLL BACK TO ORIGIONAL POSITION.

ANY IDEAS ?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

CLUTCH

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-08-07          155910

Doesn't necessarily sound like clutch, but don't know what kind of drive system's on it. Lots of helpful Jinma types on ctoa, the Chinese Tractors Owners Association. ....

CLUTCH

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-08-07          155920

Yeah, sounds like the main clutch disc - but usually there's more warning. Like gradual slippage leading up failure, usually accompanied by the distinctive smell. but it's a two stage clutch. Can you still engage/disengage/operate PTO driven implement - even though the tractor will not move?

And what does it do when you try to go in reverse?

//greg//

CLUTCH

View my Photos
JAMESC1212
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-08-12          156042

IT WAS THE MAIN CLUTCH. THE RIVITS SHEARED OFF AND FELL BETWEEN THE CLUTCH AND PRESSURE PLATE ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login