Go Bottom Go Bottom

Agracat 2720

View my Photos
kentucky
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-06-09          154425

We are looking to buy a used Agracat 2720 with 175 hours. Anything I should know before I purchase? This will be our first tractor and will be used for yard work (bush hogging, tilling, etc.). We would also like to have a bucket on the tractor, is this possible with this model?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Agracat 2720

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-06-09          154437

Is it that one at Bowling Green that didn't sell on eBay? The one with the hydraulic leak?

//greg// ....

Agracat 2720

View my Photos
kentucky

2008-06-09          154441

Quite possibly... It is in B.G. Thanks for the heads up. Have you seen it? Is the leak something that is fixable or are parts too hard to find? I know nothing about tractors. I am doing the web search for my husband. ....

Agracat 2720

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-06-09          154453

The leak is almost certainly quite fixable. But I'm not sure I'd buy a tractor from somebody who doesn't even know how much horsepower it's got. I say this, because the eBay 2720 I referred to was advertised as a 27hp tractor. The AgraCat 2720 is actually only a 20hp tractor. It was overpriced on eBay as well, not selling because all 8 bids were under the reserve price. Until the last price increase, Rural King was selling the JM200 for $3999. I think it's $4500 now. Anyway, sorta makes a guy wonder what the owner didn't understand about maintenance too.

AgraCat went bankrupt about 5 years ago, so there'll be no parts support coming from that direction. But the AgraCat 2720 is basically a green and yellow JM204 (Jinma). So any Jinma dealers that have been around a few years might have parts for an 8 year old AgraCat. As far as loaders, Spirit in Wisconsin and Koyker in South Dakota both makem for the AgraCat/Jinma - but you're looking at yet another $3300 plus installation. The loader will probably be worth more than the tractor.

//greg// ....

Agracat 2720

View my Photos
kthompson

2008-06-10          154459

With the HP Greg says it has, you would be very limited on bush hog or tiller. You probably would also be better off to find a tractor with a front end loader (FEL) than buying a used tractor and then having to buy a NEW loader for it. Finding a used one to fit probably would be hard. kt ....

Agracat 2720

View my Photos
chipuren

2008-06-10          154478

If you shop around a little bit youc can find a Farmpro 2425 with a loader (now about $4000)with a 2 year warranty asking 9499... as an alternative. This is a 25HP and even has a pair hydraulic remotes with valve. Its on ebay now. ....

Agracat 2720

View my Photos
kentucky

2008-06-12          154533

Thank you all for your help. We will keep looking around. ....

Agracat 2720

View my Photos
kthompson

2008-06-12          154544

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentucky | view 154533
Thank you all for your help.We will keep looking around.

Don't over look dealerships. No idea there but here the price of used compact tractors vary widely. Highest in construction and lawn care industry area and lower in farming area. Not that many miles apart either. kt ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login