Go Bottom Go Bottom

Agracat 254 drips Hydraulic oil

View my Photos
yofrient
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-07-02          143362

Agracat 254. This may seem a remedial question but I didn't see it asked already (or may have missed it).

How do I add hydrolic oil? I have developed a small leak around one of the seals on the steering unit and I have a bit of a shudder when lifting the bucket or turning left (Im guessing because of low Hyd oil/pressure). I noticed oil dripping from the steering hydrolics when I turn right.

Where do I add it and what kind of oil should I add. How do I relieve pressure on the system?

Will adding the oil and building the pressure cause the seals to close and the dripping to stop or do I need to expect a overhaul on the seals?

Thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-07-02          143368

Uh-oh! Shuddering is sign of cavitation or lack of oil. Lack of oil means that soon-- if not already-- the pump will be toast. Been there done that.
The filler cap for the oil will be likely be under the seat or high up on the transmission. It may have its own dip stick on it.
Seals: Yep. You're probably going to need to replace them. ....

View my Photos
yofrient

2007-07-03          143403

EW

Would shuddering also just mean low oil pressure (I wish). My oil was very low due to that leak in the steering hydrolic and I will add more to see what happens.

What weight/type oil do you recommend. I have a local NAPA so if you have a type specific to them that would help.

What was it I read about foaming/non foaming.

Thanks
Jim

FOLLOW UP: I got Napa Premium Hydrolic Oil (Non Foaming). ....

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-07-03          143421

Shuddering will equal low pressure--which could be, or is, permanent. If let go for long, if not already, the pump will not make pressure. The shuddering is air or lack of oil and pressure going to the cylinders. As far as what to use---I stay away from making recommendations on that---the wrong stuff could destroy seals in some cases. ....

View my Photos
RanchHand

2007-07-04          143427

There are a couple styles of lift boxes.

Most fill holes ..... the plug/dip stick has red paint on it Behind seat ,,, above the top link.

I use/install AW32 Hyd Oil.

Here are some Misc Pic's

Ronald
Ranch Hand Supply

Picture Link
Jinma Farmpro Agracat Nortrac Agracat 254 drips Hydraulic oil

View my Photos
yofrient

2007-07-04          143437

I added the Hyd oil (NAPA Premium AW standard) and the shuddering was gone. Everything worked smoothly. Maybe I caught the problem soon enough for salvage. We'll see.

Thanks again friends! ....

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-07-04          143439

Yofrient,

You might want to check the bolts that secure your steering valve to the tractor. If they work loose, you will begin to develop a leak in the supply and return lines connected to your hydraulic power steering valve.

You may not need any seals. You may have a loose hydraulic line, instead. Replacing a broken or cracked line may not be the solution, as there is likely something loose that caused the power steering line to crack, or work loose, in the first place.

Grab hold of your steering wheel and see if it has any forward-to-back or side-to-side play in the steering column. If so, you will need to tighten the bolts that secure your steering valve to the tractor. This will likely involve removing the engine side panels and the dash, along with the dress cover that fits below the dash, between your feet.

My Kubota B2100 has four bolts that secure the steering valve to the tractor. They work loose from time to time. I recently replaced a broken hyd. line, and in the process of replacing it I discovered the reason why it cracked.

The bolts weren't very loose, but it doesn't take much for there to be a considerable amount of movement in the power steering lines.

Joel ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login