Go Bottom Go Bottom

Fuel Line Part Needed Close to home

View my Photos
yofrient
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-05-07          141872

I have an Agracat 254 and need part # Y385T-1-10600 Line from filter to injection pump (the old one is cracked). On the parts sites (JMparts and Affordable), it looks like the replacement part is now a hose. Is there something I can get from NAPA or CB that will be a suitable replacement (those are my 2 local parts places and would be most convenient), if not where in Arkansas is there a parts source, and if not, I don't mind ordering Internet but would like to start a little closer to home and have ready for the weekend.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-05-07          141873

In most cases if you take the old line to any good shop that does big truck repairs, or injector pumps, etc., they will make you one up.

It is just a piece of line with fittings on each end.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
yofrient

2007-05-07          141874

Thank's murf. I'll try a place nearby with that in mind. I wasn't sure if those ends were standard type ends or special Chinese metric parts only available from the factory. I'm new to this so I don't know.

How do I get in contact with Chip. I just did a little more digging and saw that he is in Arkansas. Chip are you out there?

UPDATE: THANK YOU MURF! He's just a hop skip and a jump away. Practically Local. ....

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-05-07          141906

Chip's an honest guy, and will be more than happy to sell you a new one. But if you ask him, he'll probably advise to go with the original recommendation about getting one local. What he sells will be Chinese OE - same low grade rubber - just as likely to go bad on you as your first one. The original advice about taking it to a hose shop is good. But - the fittings are not very common. Take the bad hose with you, let them re-use the fittings with a new piece of hose.

//greg// ....

View my Photos
chipuren

2007-05-07          141907

I'm here! The only lines that are high pressure are the steel lines that run from the pump to the injectors themselves, the lines from the sediment bowl to the filter and from the filter to the pump can be replaced with standard fuel line. You can make your own, just grind off the crimping band on the banjo fittings and pull the fitting off the old hoses, It doesn't have a barb but it does have a couple grooves cut in it that wil help a standard hose clamp seal. ....

View my Photos
greg_g

2007-05-07          141908

I rest my case !

//greg// ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login