Go Bottom Go Bottom

Honda Odyssey

View my Photos
grinder
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-03-27          108856

Anyone have an 05 odyssey?
How do you like it?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Honda Odyssey

View my Photos
AV8R
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-03-27          108869

Do they still make them??

I thought the name Odyssey was for their minivan. ....

Honda Odyssey

View my Photos
denwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-03-27          108879

OK AV8R, it got me too. I guess we have ATVs on the brain. This is the suv/ truck forum so I assume its about the minivan. We tested one as did my sister. We both really liked them in 04, but it was Toyota that offered 4 wheel drive so that is what my sister bought even though it may have been a close second in other aspects. As for me, I opted out of the 30 grand that gets 17 MPG and bought a $3000 95 turd areostar 4 wheel drive and an 05 Jetta tdi wagon that gets in the high 40s MPG. Most of the time we use the tdi and just when we must the van. I dont think honda makes anything you can go wrong with. ....

Honda Odyssey

View my Photos
grinder

2005-03-28          108929

Sorry , should have been more specific. The minivan is what I was ref. to.
We just bought one and was wondering if anyone had any feedback if they owned one?

Honda Odyssey

View my Photos
AV8R

2005-03-28          108938

Sorry, Grinder. My bad.

I should read the whole location of the thread before I get excited. I always wanted one of those Odyssey ATV's. ATV - SUV (minivan), same thing, right? ....

Honda Odyssey

View my Photos
grinder

2005-03-29          109042

Yeah same thing. Not sure if my wife would like too much mud on the leather though.

The engine is interesting though, the rear three cylinders shut down when not needed. 255 hp v6.
Rated at 28 mpg highway. ....

Honda Odyssey

View my Photos
denwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-03-29          109048

That cylinder shut off thing is old tech although I think it is a great idea. Funny how GM can do it on Caddys and it is crap and the Japanese do it and it is great, like everything else Americans let them do better. ....

Honda Odyssey

View my Photos
kwschumm

2005-03-29          109050

GM can't do much of anything right. The Chrysler hemi has a cylinder shutdown (on some of their vehicles) and by all accounts it works great. I wish they'd make that available on the hemi in their trucks. ....

Honda Odyssey

View my Photos
grinder

2005-03-30          109114

I believe this van is built in Alabama?
These American workers are building one
impressive vehical. Fit and finish is
perfect.
What is it the american management that
can't build a reliable vehical?
Hope it is better than the old caddy.
The theory is old, I hope the Honda people
improved the engineering? ....

Honda Odyssey

View my Photos
yooperpete

2005-03-30          109115

There is allot more electronics available today compared to when GM tried doing it on the Caddy. On the GM version they shut down several cylinders when power wasn't needed. I understand they shut down the same cylinders that caused a lack of lubrication, etc., while a bank of cylinders without power caused an imbalance. From what I'm told the new Chrysler version uses electronics to rotate the none firing pistons around reducing the imbalance of power and still lube the piston wall. I hope this works long term and agree it would be awesome of truck engines. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login