Go Bottom Go Bottom

Help Loader hookop

View my Photos
dtacmed
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2019-03-19          198255

Ned help with hydraulic hookup for front end loader. Took off but forget which lines went where when hooking up to pump. Tractor is a C-174

Thank You !

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Help Loader hookop

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2019-03-20          198258

First thing I will suggest is when you get them matched up use colored tape or fitting caps to keep them straight for next time.

You should have two sets of hoses, look at the fel valve to determine two hose on one of the valves. Take those two and hook up either cyl on the fel. Then use the other valve for the other cyl.

Then I would operate with a lower rpm to see if by good fortune you happened to have them all correct. If not correct pay attention to what was wrong. If the lift cyl operates correctly but wrong level then swap hose between the two valves. If they work with correct level but backwards swap the hoses on the same valve. If they do not operate properly at all you mixed the hoses with one from each cyl to each valve. Most important thing is to be sure you get both hoses for a cyl hooked to the same valve. ....

Help Loader hookop

View my Photos
dtacmed

2019-04-02          198282

Where Im running into problems is how the actual hydraulic lines from the loader actually hook in at the pump on the tractor. Or I guess in-line with the lines already hooked up for the hydraulics already onboard for the 3 point lift. ....

Help Loader hookop

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2019-04-02          198283

First off, a quick question. Is the loader valve on the tractor or on the loader itself?

If the valve is on the loader that simplifies things since there would only then be 2 lines, supply and return.

If the valve is on the tractor there will be 4 lines, supply and return for both lift and bucket functions.

Sometimes if the loader has been mounted for a while the lines take a 'memory' of the position they were in and will just naturally want to go back in the same position and this will give you a good hint.

Best of luck. ....

Help Loader hookop

View my Photos
dtacmed

2019-04-02          198287

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf | view 198283
First off, a quick question. Is the loader valve on the tractor or on the loader itself?If the valve is on the loader that simplifies things since there would only then be 2 lines, supply and return.If the valve is on the tractor there will be 4 lines, supply and return for both lift and bucket functions.Sometimes if the loader has been mounted for a while the lines take a 'memory' of the position they were in and will just naturally want to go back in the same position and this will give you a good hint.Best of luck.

valve is on loader itself only 2 lines to hookup ....

Help Loader hookop

View my Photos
Murf

2019-04-02          198288

That makes it easier.

Look at the valve, there will normally be a letter next to where each line threads into it. The supply to the loader will be the one with a "P" (pressure) next to it, and the other will have an "R" (return) next to it.

On the tractor follow the lines, will just go back to the reservoir, that is the 'return' line.

Best of luck. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login