Go Bottom Go Bottom

SITREX

View my Photos
WayneH
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2002-11-01          44539

Greetings: I'm looking at buying a 6 foot finish mower. Any comments on King Kutter, First Choice, or Sitrex?
They all look OK, and all seem to be a bit over $1,000.

Any comments would be appreciated.

thanks
Wayne

Link:   

Click Here

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

SITREX

View my Photos
TomG

2002-11-02          44550

I think I recognize these names as implements that tend to be marketed by catalogue stores rather than through dealers. There are national after-market brands sold through dealers and dealers also should be aware of major regional short-line manufacturers.

All my implements is from short-line manufacturers, but I got each of them by recommendation from my dealer. I figure that his staff does a better job of evaluating equipment than I can. He is aware of what works out well in his area given his various customers needs and how they use their equipment.

I don't know if you've seen the equipment or are judging from catalogue descriptions. There probably are people who will comment who have experience with one of these brands, but I believe I'd take some time going around to dealers and see what they're handling.

I don't have a mower, but I believe issues with 3ph finish mowers are 4-wheeled vs. tail-wheeled and fixed vs. flexible top-link. I think some combinations give far better finish cuts on rough ground than other types. Again, there likely will be comments from people who use mowers a lot.

SITREX

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2002-11-02          44552

Sitrex is available thru dealers just as the others and are at a low price. I prefer to sell more name brand just do to the fact of parts systems for my back up for customers. As an older dealer we look for longevity of relationships of quality and ease of parts availability as well as the quickness to provide those parts when needed for our customers. ....

SITREX

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2002-11-02          44556

I purchased my Buhler (Farm King) a couple of years ago or a similar price. The Bulher implements have been around for a while. I like the price and the quality of the build. It is also built in NA. ....

Link:   

Click Here

SITREX

View my Photos
Todd-AgEquip

2002-12-11          46027

Sitrex is a really nice Finishing mower a little bit pricey but worth it. I have been a dealer for a few years and we have had really good luck with them compared to the other brands of FM that we handle parts are easy to get hold of most of the time. Check out our site and look into sitrex FM. Sitrex also has been around for a long time. They also make a hay rake,tedder, and a few other attachments ....

Link:   

Click Here

SITREX

View my Photos
TC29 in Wa.

2002-12-11          46039

I have had a 72" First Choice RFM since April, and it held up well to a full season of Commercial mowing. It has been said before, I readily agree that the FC GM30-72 is an almost exact clone to the higher end Landpride 2572, at about 2/3rds the price of the LP. Also comes with a few improvements over the LP such as better guage wheel spindles, steel belt guards, and that great powder coat finish that holds up so well. ....

SITREX

View my Photos
JAZAK

2002-12-12          46071

I HAVE A 71 INCH REAR DICHARGE SITREX FINISHING MOWER WITH THE SOILD RUBBER TIRES BEING USED BEHIND A JD790N 4WD.DOES A VERY GOOD JOB. MY LAWN IS VERY SMOOOTH SO THE SOILD RUBBER TIRES DONT BOUNCE TO MUCH BUT IF YOU HAVE ROCKY/BUMPY GROUND I RECOMEND PNUMATIC TIRES WITH SEALANT. ....

SITREX

View my Photos
JAZAK

2002-12-12          46072

I FORGOT TO MENTION I ADDED A ANTI-SCALPING ROLLER TO MY DECK,THE DECK HAS THE HOLES ALREADY DRILLED FOR IT, MY DEALER WANTED $90 FOR A 5 INCH WIDE POLY ROLLER AND BRACKET. I FOUND THE SAME SIZE ROLLER IN A NAPA CATALOG FOR BOAT TRAILERS SO I MADE MY OWN, $27. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login