Go Bottom Go Bottom

Finish mower Choices

View my Photos
luoisz
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2002-10-07          43483

I cannot make up my mind as to what mower to buy.
Quality of finished cut is my #1 priority. Given the following finalists with prices Please give me your opinion.

First Choice $1100
Farm King $1250
Land Pride FDR 1660 $1300
Bush Hog RDTH 60 $1600

All Mowers are 5' Rear discharge.
My neighbor has the 5' farm king and it does a great job but it is very heavy. I also like some of the features of the other models. All have advandages and dis advandages. I need some advise. I have not heard anything bad of any of these mowers, that is somewhat scary.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Finish mower Choices

View my Photos
jdioa

2002-10-09          43613

My 2 cents is to buy from a dealer who can support your product both now and in the future. Sometime down the road you're going to need a belt or blades, etc. You might trade that high school kid with the blank look for a knowledgable parts man behind the counter even if it costs a couple more bucks, which it may not. ....

Finish mower Choices

View my Photos
jdioa

2002-10-09          43615

BTW, Landpride makes an excellent product for a reasonable price. ....

Finish mower Choices

View my Photos
hickmo

2002-10-09          43617

I would probable go with the First Choice. They are a copy of the Landpride, and usually less price. I don't know if the parts are interchangeable. From all the reviews, FC is a real good mower. I have a Befco rfm 60" rear discharge. It cuts beautifully. I noticed you did not mention befco. But with all rear discharge mowers,the longer the grass is when cut, the more the cut resembles a bush hog. But if cut often enough it delivers a beatiful cut. ....

Finish mower Choices

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2002-10-09          43619

My two cents worth. I bought the Bulher Farm King last year to replace a LandPride. The despite being heavily constructed the Landpride had had the deck repaired and was heavier than the Farm King.
The cut on the Bulher is slightly better but not a lot. The swiveling of the wheels is much better on the Bulher. With practice I can now swing around small trees leaving less than a foot of uncut grass next to the tree. With the solid wheels on the LandPride I had trouble even backing up without one of the wheels digging in.
The 1/2" round stick around the lower lip is a God send as it prevents you cutting your toes on the lower edge and provides greater strength where it is required.
I think the center roller was the only unit that provide it with the unit.
I believe I paid slightly over $1000 at the Deere Dealer in JD green. He recommended it over the JD units. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login