Go Bottom Go Bottom

Hydraulic OIL STAIN

View my Photos
skipll
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-07-17          179434

Wooooo is me---I was filling the hydraulic tank on my excavator when the funnel fell off---thus spilling some oil on my pants leg---
So I have washed them twice & then again with ammonia---now drying out side on the line.
Well now---I can still smell hydraulic oil on my jeans---though they not completely dry.
So what is the best way to get rid of that smell---I'm afraid to put my jeans into mt chest of drawers ---perhaps the smell will contaminate my other jeans.
HELP Please & thanks. :)

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Hydraulic OIL STAIN

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-07-17          179437

Wouldn't bother me, there's not too many of my jeans that DON'T have hydraulic fluid on them. But taking the offending jeans to a dry cleaner is one option. If you're a do-it-yourself guy, soak/rinse the hydraulic fluid out several times with WD40. Once the hydraulic fluid has been diluted and rinsed out, the WD40 will evaporate. Whatever WD40 residuals remain will then come out in the laundry.

//greg// ....

Hydraulic OIL STAIN

View my Photos
DRankin

2011-07-18          179442

I pour liquid laundry detergent directly on the oil stain and let it sit for a while. Then I wash in hot water with a big dose of Oxyclean.

That should take care of the stain. If the smell lingers nothing works better than baking soda to moderate odors. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login