Go Bottom Go Bottom

Who is that with the Salmon

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-04-07          152800

I saw this article on the shortage of salmon on the US west coast, with the photo below. And two things came to mind:

1) I never knew that Salmon had such big mouths :)

2) Is that Peter Sellers returned from the dead holding that fish? It sure looks like a shot from the Pink Panther, but I am jis sayins !

Last weekend was opening day for trout here in NJ and the anglers were out in mass trying to hook our fish hatchery raised trout.

Dennis

Picture Link

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-04-07          152803

Dennis; I don't know who the guy with the fish is, just know it's not me, I hardly know which end of a fish pole you hang on to. I do know that the DNR here in NE Iowa post the dates and places they will release hatchery trout in the streams. I never caught a trout. Frank. ....

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-04-07          152804

I have hooked King Salmon in or near the Kenai River that weighed 100 pounds and seen them bigger. ....

View my Photos
yooperpete

2008-04-08          152834

We used to have lots of salmon on the East Side of Michigan in Lake Huron. Zebra mussels invaided from Ocean freighters. The mussels screwed up the food chain and ruined another of Michigan's sources of revenue. The DNR planted too many Walleye and they ate up the smelt and perch. The Walleye spawn in the mid-Michigan rivers that are contaminated by many industries. Fishing has kinda gone the wayside here too. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login