Go Bottom Go Bottom

Thoughts and prayers

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-06-19          143042

I read with deep sorrow this morning of the news that 9 firefighters in Charleston, South Carolina died last night while trying to rescue two employees of a furniture warehouse which was on fire when the roof collapsed on top of them.

The two employees were subsequently rescued by other firefighters on the scene.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the families of these 9 brave individuals who so selflessly gave their own life trying to save those of 2 others.

They indeed died in the service of mankind.

My prayers also to all the other emergency services workers who daily lay their lives on the line in order to serve and protect us. The firefighters, police and ambulance crews often go unthanked for their brave efforts, but they are not forgotten, especially at a time such as this.

I only hope the good Lord has a special place in heaven for such brave men & women.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Thoughts and prayers

View my Photos
Blueman
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-06-19          143045

Well said, Murf. ....

Thoughts and prayers

View my Photos
SG8NUC

2007-06-19          143047

Thanks Murf, that is my home town I knew a couple of the familys. One guys brother works with me. ....

Thoughts and prayers

View my Photos
kthompson

2007-06-19          143048

How do we say thank you for such? There just is no human way to thank people who give so much, and if we did not have them how terrible our lives would be. We are very blessed there are those who have such a love they are willing to place their lives in harms way. Often as I look at my Grandson I think of the solider who's name is on the cross near my back door who gave his life for this country. A man I never knew who died for my grandson and my family, who he never knew. Why can not those in Washington have just one shred of such love of Country?

May God Bless those families. ....

Thoughts and prayers

View my Photos
SG8NUC

2007-06-19          143052

KT,

I was in church, yes church, and they brought up the question how could Jesus give up his life for someone that he did not know. I had to tell them that there are military personnel giving up their lives right now for people they did not know maybe we should ask them. That realy gave them something to think about. There was a long silence then we had a prayer for are soldiers. They only needed a little wake up call. What would we do without people like the firefighters in Charleston and across this nation. Gotta love em. ....

Thoughts and prayers

View my Photos
kthompson

2007-06-20          143061

The only answer and it is direct from Jesus' lips:
John 15 chapter verse 13 "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
Jesus knew in advance he was giving his. These firefighters and others who protect know they may.
The greatest sadness is not to benefit by these very expensive gifts. So many times and so many people do not benefit because they do not accept nor respect the gift. kt ....

Thoughts and prayers

View my Photos
SG8NUC

2007-06-20          143080

Amen! ....

Thoughts and prayers

View my Photos
kthompson

2007-06-25          143184

I have been sent an email with music but many pictures of this fire. If any of you would like it I will be glad to forward it to you. It would be a slow load on dial up I think. The only pictures of the deceased that I saw are at the end giving a display type with their name, age and years of service. Just click on my name and send me private email so I have address to do so. kt ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login