Go Bottom Go Bottom

Fixin Something That Aint Broke

View my Photos
ncrunch32
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-06-16          130945

Ever try to fix something that isn't broken? I seem to do this all the time. I extended the battery clip lead for a spot sprayer from Northen tools using cigarette lighter connectors. The sprayer was empty so when the pump ran for a second and stopped I thought I burned something out. It ran continuously when I first got it and tested it before I filled it with first tank of spray -so I thought this is what should have happened again.

I spent an hour or so testing the wire at various points - even called tech support at Northern Tools. They suggested maybe I should pull the trigger on the spray gun! I forgot about the residual water in the system from the last time I used it. Sure enough - everything was fine. What an idiot I am!! Lost some time on this one, and extra work because I sprayed instead with my 3 gallon backpack sprayer.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Fixin Something That Aint Broke

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-06-17          130952

Been there, done that.

I think this is where the expression, "Can't see the forest for the trees" came from. ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login