Go Bottom Go Bottom

Pumpkin Harvest

View my Photos
BillMullens
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-09-25          97209

See my pics #10 & #11 for this years pumpkins.

I had 3 giants that did pretty well. The white (Lumina) pumpkins also did well.

Had quite a few Jack o'Lanterns, but they didn't get very big. Some sort of fungus killed the vines off early. Anybody have any advice? Same thing happened last year at a different garden plot.

Next year I'll have a bigger plot, with more giants, also will try some of the maroon ones.

Bill

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Pumpkin Harvest

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-09-25          97211

Not bad! That's a lot of thanksgiving pies in the making.

My friends in Alaska tell me they had a record warm summer this year. The biggest pumpkin at the state fair was over 800 pounds. ....

Pumpkin Harvest

View my Photos
Chief

2004-09-26          97215

Nice looking batch of pumpkins! You did much better than I did. The deer tore up my garden and nipped all of the pumkin buds in my garden. ....

Pumpkin Harvest

View my Photos
BillMullens

2004-09-27          97255

I can't really explain why the deer didn't eat them. I raised these at my parents' farm. The deer are rampant. But the vines did well early on and covered the garden plot the way they are supposed to, so the fruit was hidden. And the giant vines are thorny.

My little patch at my place got wiped out by deer immediately.

Bill ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login