Go Bottom Go Bottom

A bit of God s Green Acres

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-05-30          87279

As some of you have noticed, I have been "otherwise occupied" with events in my life lately. I didn't want to mention anything about it until I had completed the closing and was the legal owner. I found a BEAUTIFUL place out in a very remote and secluded area and just fell in love with it. It was a mess negotiating with the bank and the place needs a LOT of work but it is such a beautiful and peaceful place. I posted a few pictures of the place in pics # 4,6,7,& 20. #20 is an underground cave from which water springs out of at the entrance. I will get some more updated pictures posted later as the place has totally changed since these winter & early Spring pics.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
DK35vince
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-05-30          87299

Congratulations Chief !!
Hope it all works out for you. ....

View my Photos
harvey
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-05-31          87315

Randy Congrats! Nothing beats a good piece of land in a location you like. Hopefully you will not have to find a full time job to support it :-).

Harvey ....

View my Photos
Murf

2004-05-31          87321

Congratulations indeed Randy!

Hopefully this new place isn't so much work, or so far from water that it interferes with your boating either, LOL.

Enjoy, enjoy, that's certainly a beautiful spot.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2004-05-31          87328

I plan to work on it in small pieces at a time and eventually move there after building a home on the place. You may be right about the bigger tractor though, but I will try and see how this one does with the duty. ....

View my Photos
wbowhunt

2004-05-31          87338

Wow!!. Really Nice looking Place. Does the stream or Pond have any fish? They now make a fishing rod holder you can mount right on the tractor. So you can use that yellow seat as a fishin' stool. Just one more reason to spend time on the old tractor.

Congrats and enjoy ( I am sure you will ) ....

View my Photos
Chief

2004-05-31          87339

Got small wild fish and minnows in the stream; bass and catfish in the pond. I'd like to see one of those tractor seat rod holders. LOL! ....

View my Photos
wbowhunt

2004-05-31          87345

Here it is, Clamps right on within easy reach. Enjoy LOL ....

Link:   

Click Here

View my Photos
shortmagnum

2004-05-31          87382

Congratulations Chief. The property really looks good. I'm sure you feel like a king. :-)
Dave ....

View my Photos
paulss
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-05-31          87387

It looks great !!!

Congratulations, Chief.

Keep us updated with pictures as the work progresses. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2004-06-01          87415

Actually Randy now that I look at that new place of yours, especially picture # 6 ...

You could build your own golf course!!!!

That might almost make up for your having to sell the boat, LOL.

Imagine, golfing in the morning and fishing in the afternoon without even having to leave your own property!!

Besdies, think of all the seat time you could get then....

Just kidding, enjoy it, it looks like the 'original builder' did a first class job on that peice of real estate.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
yooperpete

2004-06-01          87418

Picture #20 looks like a place Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn would have hung out in. Maybe there is buried treasure in that cave. Looks like a beautiful place! Congrats on your new property. Hope you enjoy it for many years to come!! ....

View my Photos
Chief

2004-06-01          87450

Murf, maybe a skeet, trap, & sporting clays range. That is golf with a shotgun. Is that close enough? ;o) ....

View my Photos
harvey

2004-06-02          87482

"Golf with a shotgun" now that brings a HUGH smile to the face this early am. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2004-06-02          87500

Randy, if you laid it all out carefully you could have the trap & skeet close enough to the driving range that you would never have to pick up the balls, at least not if your aim was good. You would go through a lot of balls though.

A guy near here started a 'game bird preserve' and is doing quite well with it. He has several quonset's in which he raises game birds, then he releases a few and people pay to come in a hunt them.

The big advantage is that you can 'hunt' out of season since they are not wild birds. A lot of people use it as a training facility to keep themselves and their dogs in top form.

Best of luck.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login