Go Bottom Go Bottom

Fargo History

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2002-07-14          40354

The other day I was discussing an old 60' Fargo pickup we had when I was a kid. The friend who owns a Dodge dealership looked at me like I had rocks in my head. I live in the south where Dodge was king.
Was the Fargo name plate used only in Canada or was it also used in the northern states?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Fargo History

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2002-07-14          40369

I for one never heard of a Fargo Dodge pickup. ....

Fargo History

View my Photos
Peters

2002-07-14          40371

In Canada, Ford badged the Ford pickups with Ford and Mercury name plates and tail gates. This was from the war until 69. I knew this was not common knowledge in the US.
Dodge also badged the Dodge pickups with the Fargo name plate in Canada. I am not sure when it started the earliest I have seen is about 53 it ended with the 70's era pickup introduction. I assumed that as they were named for the North Dakota town they were common in the states, until I mentioned the old one we had the other day. I would assume they are a rare truck today? ....

Fargo History

View my Photos
larry
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2002-07-14          40372

I think the Fargo was the Plymouth style & version of truck as opposed to Dodge ....

Fargo History

View my Photos
Peters

2002-07-14          40374

I'm sorry I searched the web once before and cam up empty. Below is site that explains the reason. They were based on Plymouth products until 29 and were the chrysler corporate line like GMC. The name continued in Canada as badge engineered Dodge pickups but was discontinued in the states. ....

Link:   Fargo?

Fargo History

View my Photos
Todd Wilson

2002-07-15          40385

There are plenty of Fargo Power Wagons around and especially up in Canada. Fargo was used instead of Dodge up in Canada. Same trucks different name badge on the side.

As for rare not really rare in one sense as there are quite a few out there but old Dodge Trucks as a whole are hard to come by.

Todd

Fargo History

View my Photos
Todd Wilson

2002-07-15          40407

http://www.allpar.com/old/fargo.html ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login