Go Bottom Go Bottom

Ford Model 1900 Diesel Tractor

View my Photos
mark
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

1999-09-08          7776

Looking for any feedback, good or bad about this tractor. Its 4WD, made in 1980, has 6500 hours. It has a model 771 bucket, clutch isslipping and the asking price is $3,500. Exterior looks a bit weathered. I'll need it just for around the house, snow removal and hauling things.Good or bad deal?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Mark

1999-09-10          7846

Thanks for NO help from anybody! Mark ....

View my Photos
Jerri

1999-09-10          7850

Mark,Sorry you didn't find any help but here is what I found out. According to Farm Equipment Line this tractor was manufactured from 79 to 83, it is manufactured by Shibaru has a 3 cylinder 87.2 cubic inch diesel rated 26.88 pto HP. Average auction price is $6,799 with low of $5,271 and high of $8,198. Hours sound high, price low so depending on how it looks to you may be OK. BTW I have zero expierence with this tractor. ....

View my Photos
rich

1999-09-11          7869

I bought a Ford 1900 about three years ago with a loader attached. It had only 450 hours on it and looked brand new(no oil leaks or broken links etc. and I was told it was only used for mowing and snow removal and then only occassionally. The guy wanted 9500 for it which I thought was too high. But I looked around a bit and realized that out here they get 6000 plus for similar tractors with many more hours on the meter and which are in questionalbe condition. Of course you alway take a chance on hidden defects no matter how nice a tractor looks. Well, I bought it and have never been sorry. The one thing that worries me about the tractor you are looking at is the number of hours on the engine. Diesels are usually good up to 5000 hrs til an overhaul. For just around the house it might be a good deal since the tractor itself is build like a tank and should last forever. I dont know the price of a diesel overhaul but you might still be ahead of the game. One point of warning. If you are going to use a rotary cutter with this tractor you MUST replace the pins that hold the lower lift arms to the body of the tractor. These pins will fail when mowing saplings and the mower is free to contact the rear tire when turning. The mower climed the rear tires bringing the blade within inches of my back. Replace the pins with the strongest strength bolts secured with lock nuts and cotter pins and check them every time before mowing. ....

View my Photos
Tom

2000-05-07          16029

I know this is an old post, but did you buy the F1900. Sounds like a lot of hours. But for $3,500 with a loader sounds pretty reasonable. A loader cost $3000.00 new. If you did buy the tractor, how is it holding up. I purchased a F1900 recently with a 6' mower and blade for $3000.00. It only had 600 hours though. I have found it to be a very nice tractor and it does a good job for what I need it for, mainly mowing. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login