Go Bottom Go Bottom

4 cyl Diesel oil leak

View my Photos
COUNTZERO
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-05-13          111016

I have my Kubota L2850 in the dealer's shop right now for an engine oil leak. He said its coming from the front seal and the parts would cost $30 and the Labor $800. Ouch! He also said it wasn't critical to fix it if I was vigilant about checking the oil every day. I decided to wait to fix it. My question is are there any products I can add to the oil to seal up the leak from the inside or is this just asking for trouble. $830 bucks is a little steep for an oil leak but I don't want to destroy the tractor either. Any suggestions?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

4 cyl Diesel oil leak

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-05-13          111019

Although I've never tried it myself, I'm told that the leak-fixers they sell (STP, etc.) will work for an oil seal.

It basically is just a chemical formulation which causes the seals to swell slightly. Hopefully enough to stop a leak, but not enough to cause a problem.

I've also heard of people fixing a weaping seal with nothing more than silicone sealant around the affected area. Those types of leaks are usually not exposed to any pressure and so it holds back the flow.

Best of luck. ....

4 cyl Diesel oil leak

View my Photos
havoctec
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-05-13          111020

The stop leak idea is not a good idea. IMO

If it is just a seep as you say it realy is not a big deal. If it is a faster leak, it becomes more of a pain as it is messy and you have to add oil constantly. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login