Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kubota Hydraulic Oil

View my Photos
JJT
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

1999-12-07          10735

Is there any benefit to using Kubota's hydraulic fluid? I'm approaching my 50 hour service, (12+ gallon fluid change), on my HST. Normal hydro at $4/gallon vs $10 for Kubota's. Of course Kubota wants you to use their fluid. Any experience out there? Before I bought a $20k machine I always used the cheap stuff.... Thanks in advance.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Kubota Hydraulic Oil

View my Photos
Ted

1999-12-07          10737

As a landscaper with a fleet of Kubota's, I can assure you, despite what the dealer says your machine will NOT suffer so horrible fate if you use non-Kubota fluids, filters, etc., so long as they MEET or EXCEED factory specifications. As a new owner you are about to find out that the orange paint we are so fond of is worth about $12,000.00/gallon, based on dealer parts pricing......case in point, one of my employees recently bought a 'female' quick-disconnect fitting at the local 'Orange store', it was $24.95, Kubota's m.s.r.p., I checked. Thye next day I bought two more at the nearest (Blue) toy store, they were $4.95, stamped with the same manufacturers name and part number as the first one......bottom line SHOP AROUND...... ....

Kubota Hydraulic Oil

View my Photos
Marianne

1999-12-17          11187

We have been using Agway UF for the past 25 years never had a problem 2 1/2 gal is $14.00 ....

Kubota Hydraulic Oil

View my Photos
jim

1999-12-20          11337

Before you take the advise to use non-Kubota oil read the thread on "Kubota or John Deere" currently in this board. Ted seems to be having trouble with his hydro that most others do not experience. He is using fluid other than Kubota fluid. I am not sure if there is a connection to the fluid or if it is an unrelated problem, but why risk it to save a few bucks. There seems to some difficulty establishing just what the specs are for the Kubota fluid, so it would be very difficult to be sure the fluid you choose meets or exceeds the Kubota specs. Kubota does not publish the specs and does not list any other oils that meet the specs. I chose to go with the Kubota fluid and filter for piece of mind and have not had any problems. ....

Kubota Hydraulic Oil

View my Photos
mike

1999-12-20          11340

Jim speaks much wisdom. Hey Jim.... Why do these guys go out and buy a 20 grand machine then ask others for the cheapest non-Kubota oil, filters. I can never figure that one out??? ....

Kubota Hydraulic Oil

View my Photos
Ted

1999-12-24          11437

As a point of clarification, my equipment is how I make my living, I don't run 'cheap' ANYTHING. All my equipment runs 100% Amsoil product, and gets maintained to DEATH. I cannot afford to use inferior products, as break-downs or less than full life expectancy is money out of my pocket. The problems I am having are strictly Hydro. related, nothing to do with fluids/filters, I know this because the first thing Kubota's tech.'s said was "non-Kubota products...." so I drained all fluids, rinsed machine and refilled/replaced with Kubota's products. Result, even WORSE performance, and HIGHER operating temps....... Judge for yourself or ask anyone else who uses synthetics. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login