Go Bottom Go Bottom

Survey - Is Climate Change Fact and Proximate

View my Photos
chuckles
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2019-09-05          198721

With all the talk about climate change I was wonder what the pragmatic folks at TP think of all the talk of imminent catastrophe.

It reminds me of the the old SNL skit where Dan Ackroyd and Bill Murray are at the controls of a overheating Nuclear Reactor. They read the Manual and it says "You cannot add too Much Water to the Reactor". Which left them clueless as to what to do.

Is Climate Change a Fact?

Is it Proximate?

Can we do anything about it?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2019-09-05          198722

I think it's a feeding frenzy for the spin-doctors more than anything else.

Sure there's evidence that temperatures are rising, but there's also undeniable evidence of an ice age, and underneath Canada's (mostly) frozen northern prairies an immense area rich with oil and gas being produced by the decomposing remains of a vast former tropical rain forest.

I suspect that when the truth is known it will be tht like anything else in nature, there is evolution, cycles, and patterns far too long in duration for a mere human to comprehend.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
jobone

2019-09-05          198723

Having flown across the US many times it is obvious almost all of it was covered by ocean at one time. So that happening again is possible.

I believe that Climate change is real, does man have something to do with it? Be nice if we did and could actually do something about it. That is the questionable part , can we actually do anything that will change where things are headed, when it is much more involved that just little mankind.

If catastrophe is proximate we are screwed because the little we do is very unlikely to measure up to change anything.

Should we be wiser in what we do on earth, sure we should. But let s not panic fully. ....

View my Photos
joyce1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2019-09-05          198729

Sure its real.

How long we have to change it ? Who knows! May have much more or much less. Man plans God laughs.

I do not think we should go full Monte on it, but we ought to do something.

I am old enough to remember how much I did NOT like Jimmy Carter when he was president. Main reason I did not like him was the EPA restrictions on making cars fuel efficient.

Now I have to say how SMART Carter was, so we ought to be smart and do what is reasonable plus a little more so that we give ourselves a challenge.

View my Photos
harvey

2019-09-06          198730

Climate Change is real. Been warming since the last IceAge 15,000 years ago. Then about 450 years ago mini ice age in Europe.

Man has ZERO influence on MOTHER NATURE! She gets on her broom now and then just to remind us.

View my Photos
Murf

2019-09-06          198731

Now if we could arrange some warming for say the period of January 1 to March 1 I for one wouldn’t be too upset...... LOL. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login