Go Bottom Go Bottom

Record Cold Temperature Set

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-02-20          151484

Dear friends,

Well, we've set yet another all-time record low temperature for this date.

At 5 AM this morning, the temperature here was -38 degrees. This is a record for Devils Lake, North Dakota. Never before has the temperature been this low on February 20th.

For the record, my unofficial thermometer showed -40 degrees. I'm located about 40 miles north of Devils Lake, meaning that it's possible that my thermometer was correct. However, I'm going with the official reading taken at the Devils Lake airport......which set a record.

The day before, we had temperatures in -20s, with winds at or near 40 miles per hour......producing wind chills to 50 degrees below zero. The wind has since died down, but the temperatures continued to fall throughout the night.

This current weather system came straight down from the North Pole. It is now drifting off to the east, which is going to produce some very cold weather for the folks in Minnesota, Michigan, and eventually further east.

Joel

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-02-20          151485

Joel, were not really interested in having it back, see what you can do about sending it SOUTH east when you're finished with it. ;)

Our friends in south could probably do with some cool air to reduce their A/C bills anyways. :)

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
randywatson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-02-20          151491

No thanks Murf,

I just came from a jog in tank top and shorts, current temp 68 low last night was about 40 thank you very much. :) ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login