Go Bottom Go Bottom

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8 inch Press Release

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2013-06-04          187212

I have been waiting to see what this years' mini tablets look like, only interested in android models. I am an avid kindle user for books, but there are times when reading that I would like to check something on the web and the Kindle really sucks at that ans is useless. I posted the full Galaxy Tab Press release below. I'll post a picture next. What is appealing to me is how the this model has very narrow borders and can be held in one hand. But maybe thick borders give you something to hold onto guess I'll have to just try it. The other thing of note is that Samsung claims they have a special book reading mode that makes it look like paper, that would be great. But direct daylight makes tabs useless ordinarily.

Anyone have a tablet they like ....

SEOUL, Korea, June 03, 2013 - Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd, a global leader in digital media and digital convergence technologies, today announced the introduction of the GALAXY Tab 3 8-inch and 10.1-inch which will be available globally beginning of June. Offering an expanded range of options along with previously announced 7-inch version, the GALAXY Tab 3 Series provides customers various ways to view, listen, create, and share meaningful events and special content with those who matter most. Whether surfing the web at home or reading during the commute, each device is packed with enhanced content and intuitive design perfect for viewing or sharing content with friends and family, and capturing all of life’s spontaneous moments.

Samsung GALAXY Tab 3 8-inch

• Exceptional Reading and Entertainment Experience: Designed to be held in one hand, the new GALAXY Tab 3 8-inch is the optimal device for viewing videos, playing enhanced games, and reading e-Books anytime, anywhere. Outstanding slim bezel for effective and maximum screen use makes Samsung’s “reading mode” technology which optimizes the display to deliver perfect illumination and tone for comfortable paperlike readability in a variety of lighting conditions work better on its 8-inch screen. Samsung’s Sound Alive for Audio and Dolby Surround for Video Play maximize every sound allow users to enjoy clearer dialogue, consistent volume levels, and superior audio to further enhance the overall multimedia experience with the new device. Also, the physical keys on the bezel at bottom give users a comfortable smartphone-like experience in navigating.

• Enhanced Smart Usability: Making travel and discovery more effortless, the GALAXY Tab 3 8-inch features S Translator, which provides instant translation through voice recognition and via text on applications including email, text message, and ChatON. This instant translation is possible both from speech-to-text and text-to-speech, ensuring that you can communicate with ease while traveling internationally. Also, S Travel, the Smart Travel Companion, provides real-time local information in need for travel along with user’s travel paths. Users can get information and make reservation of the places classified in various categories such as Place, Hotel, Tickets, Food and Forum, and more. In addition, intuitive features such as Story Album and Group Play also allow users more ways to instantly share and enjoy music, photos, documents, and games with those around them.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2013-06-04          187213

Galaxy Tab 3 8 Inch Press Release and review comments

Galaxy Tab 3 8 inch on left, 10.1 inch on the right ....

Picture Link
Everything and Anything Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8 inch Press Release

View my Photos
yooperpete

2013-06-04          187220

I have a Samsung Galaxie Note cell phone with 5.1" screen. The version II has a 5.5" screen. I'm not into reading books, etc. so don't have experience in those areas. My phone does everything I want and can say the screen size is great for web viewing, reading emails, viewing maps and other apps compared to 3.8" screen.

How do you carry a 10" notebook with you all the time? My cell is in my front left shirt pocket at all times so access is unlimited. In sunlight it sucks though!

View my Photos
kthompson

2013-06-05          187232

All I can say is had my cell phone people had known the Samsung phone as they did the iphone would not have the iphone. Some features I needed they said it did not have and found out later it did. ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2013-06-25          187495

Quote:
Originally Posted by yooperpete | view 187220
....My cell is in my front left shirt pocket at all times so access is unlimited.In sunlight it sucks though!

Hey Yooper!

Bigger is better as far as screen size, the limiter is can I carry it around. I had a Ipad full size and got rid of it... too big.

The Samsung Galaxy S4 has a 5" screen. I'll have to check how it fits in my jeans pockets. Most of the shirts I wear these days don't have pockets as in in T shirts :-)

There is a company that makes Kahkis with special tablet pockets. My brother in law has them and easily slid the the Ipad mini into a huge side pocket.

I'll post the URL later

View my Photos
yooperpete

2013-06-26          187514

My Galaxie note fits in my shirt pocket. It goes everywhere with me. For casual events, Eddie Bauer has pocket T's on sale for $9.99. Can't beat that! ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2013-07-08          187602

I am going to order the Galaxy S 4 with the 5 inch screen...I'll have to check out those pocket T's at Eddie Bauer... 2 of the 3 stores by me went out of business lately :(

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CDZTRFE/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00CDZTRFE&linkCode=as2&tag=tractorpoint-20 ....

Link:   

Click Here

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2013-11-21          188363

That special reading mode on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 inch is really no big deal. What it does is when set to on it takes a web page and presents it in single column format automagically.

It is no big deal because simply double tapping on a single column opens it to screen width anyway.

I had thought reading mode was for making books easier to read like on a kindle reader, not the case. ....

View my Photos
crunch

2013-11-21          188365

I have the original Galaxy 7" tab. I really liked it, but don't read books on it and I'm sure its much better with the 3rd generation. I have had good luck with Samsung products.

Joe

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2013-11-27          188392

Staples has Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 inch for $199 with coupon. ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2013-12-04          188405

I got the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 last week. I really like it, it is a much better size for me than the Nexus 7 FHD that I returned. Everything works the way it should with no touch screen issues that I had on the Nexus.

I wish I could get an Otterbox case for it as it is a little slick without a case :(

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login