Go Bottom Go Bottom

April Fools computer worm surfaces

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-04-01          161597

Just what everyone need's:

"Experts watched warily Wednesday as a worm infecting millions of computers activated itself as predicted on April 1.

Computer users will not know that Conficker.c has infected their machine.

However fears the Conficker.c worm would cause chaos have so far proved unfounded, with no reports of major problems.

"As long as you've patched or at least brought your antivirus software up to speed, you should be fine," said Chris Pirillo, a tech expert for CNN.com.

And there are plenty of anti-virus software packages available.

"I believe just about everybody out there," Pirillo said, "has a removal tool."
Still, the worm could cause problems, he said. [cnn]"

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-04-01          161602

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisCTB | view 161597
"Still, the worm could cause problems, he said. [cnn]"

I'm sitting here watching a yard full of Robins bouncing around my lawn happily plucking worms in the rain.

Mother Nature's anti-virus protection? LOL

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2009-04-03          161699

I didn't get a worm, but I did have something odd happen to me using Craigslist.

April 1 & 2 I got about 300 online resumes and emails from people applying for a non-existent job someone else put up in my name. The ad said I would pay them $14.50 an hour, pick them up and drop them off, pay for their meals, must have a strong back and a sense of humor, and be creative.

The ad encouraged everyone applying to be funny and creative in their introduction line to get my attention. I called a few people back last night and told them the news asking them to flag the ad to get it removed.

Whoever placed the ad, should be in marketing as they could sell ice to an eskimo. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login