Go Bottom Go Bottom

Is Todays Computer Programing like Government Bureaucracy

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-03-21          126453

In an another thread for St. Paddy's day, KT asked the question whether the government today was like today's computer programing. Although KT is very astute I can see no direct connection.

KT; We are talking about the base computer coding. Years ago the storage volume and central processing (CPU) time to run a program was critical. As the cost of storage and CPU speed has decrease, the methods of coding became sloppy. The speed of most applications has not increased, partly due to the inclusion of graphics, but also due to the bloated code. For example I down loaded the security update on the MS Office the other day and it was larger than the whole MS office was a few years back.
Is this similar to the government? Well the normal method in coding is now modular. Function of the program are separated or compartmentalized into separate small modules. Often these compartments duplicate functions. This never happens in the government!!!!
One Programmer may work in another area of the company, another company or a different area of the world. He may not really know what the entire code will do or should do, only his small function. It may be only the senior people that know the codes completed entity. They direct him to write a code module to do a specific task. Not knowing the complete function it can be in conflict with the goals or laws of computing. This is not at all like the government!!!!
The final code is compiled and very secret so the user who is paying for it has no idea what it is really doing within his computer and home. The computer software company wants you to only rent their assets and never really own anything. They want you to pay yearly for your access to the software that you have already purchased with your hard earned money. How could you possibly compare this with our government agencies!!!
Finally the software company wants to ask us to trust them implicitly for all our software security. Trust us it is genuine BS software, for example. We know how to protect you all you need to do is just trust your one big BS software company. All functions of the software are now one big entity as it has bought up or pushed out smaller entities using hard handed tactics. All the other computer software companies around the world must rely on BS software to release code information to develop their own code. If BS secrecy hides functions the smaller companies whole software development can be hindered or distroyed. Naturally the hackers are finding more holes in the BS defense. They are using the e-mail transportation system to sabotage computers. BS Software is arrogant and a big target therefore hackers stay up nights to find easy access into their software, create havoc in your computer and kill your data. BS’s software was a 10th the budget of a new computer but is rapidly approaching ½ or more. Your computer now requires 2 or 3 additional programs for defense. I can not see any connection to our government's policies!!!
Therefore I can categorically state that the government agencies are nothing like computer programing today.

Well at least I hope not?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Is Todays Computer Programing like Government Bureaucracy

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-03-21          126459

Peters,
The only think I can add...ROFLOL.with tears for obvious reasons..

kt ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login