Go Bottom Go Bottom

starts but then stops running after 10 min

View my Photos
colemanmd
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-02-09          168482

Found an intermittantly clogged hose from the lift pump primer assembly that goes to the fuel filter! Tractor now runs like a house on fire for the first time that I have had it. No help at RK and they have had so much trouble with the tractors that they have stopped selling them here in Carbondale. The REAL problem is an inadequate service person. Cliff

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-02-09          168483

Good find, but not an infrequent issue with Chinese rubber. And your analysis of the RK service issue is not limited to Carbondale, The problem is at the corporate level. Mattoon is too cheap to hire qualified service personnel, has been since the beginning. To compound the issue, it's the same minimum wage labor that does the assembly and prep.

//greg// ....

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-02-09          168485

With car mechanics (or technicians, as they're formally called here), there are provincial licencing standards, and it's illegal in Ontario to do* car work without being certified. And there are certifications for specialty areas such as heavy trucks, transmissions, etc. Are there standards for tractor and farm-equipment mechanics?

*(Technically, anybody can fix cars or trucks here as long as they don't charge for it. Even practicing medicine without a licence here actually means charging for the service.) ....

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-02-10          168493

Auer;
I don't know about other states, but no dipoloma, so to speak is required in Iowa to be a mechanic.
Most major dealerships do like someone who has gone to the tech school of their brand but if the reputation of the mechanic is good I doubt they would let a good one get away.
There are probably other lines of work that should be more regulated. I think you can start a church without being a minister or be a finanxcial advisor with no formal training, and lots of other things too. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login