Go Bottom Go Bottom

Eurolepard

View my Photos
Acacia
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-12-29          149711

upon hearing various drama's concerning chinese tractors,does anyone know about the Euroleopard product? Are they a better chinese tractor,cant seem to get much info on them.As here in Australia they are quit cheap,and would serve my purpose well.Is there anyone who has one. thanks for any advice.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Eurolepard

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-12-29          149712

They don't carry the EuroLeopard name in this country, so little will be found in American forums under that name. But if you search for info on Foton/Lovol (their current name here), and Foton (their previous name), and Futian (their name before that) - you'll come up with much more background info on that line of tractors in the USA.

//greg// ....

Eurolepard

View my Photos
Acacia

2007-12-29          149728

No problem. will do that..thanks ....

Eurolepard

View my Photos
Acacia

2007-12-30          149731

greg:upon my investigations came to the conclusion that Foton tractors are identical to the Euroleopard,probably squezed out of the same Line/factory, along with others maybe.I notice you have a chinese tractor!!how has it treated you? are you fully happy with it, would you buy another?? and do you work it hard...would like to know..thanks

//anton// ....

Eurolepard

View my Photos
greg_g

2007-12-30          149734

Had two Jinmas (254s) that I didn't have much luck with. But to be fair it was more the fault of an incompetent dealership than of the tractors themselves. Ended up trading the 2nd one up to the KM454. The only thing it couldn't do better than both Jinmas, was fit through the shed door. I had to raise the header, but it was worth it. I really wanted a loader on the 454, but it would have cost half again the tractor price. I chanced upon an almost new loader-equipped TS354 a couple years later. I had such good luck with the 454, that I had no reservations about buying the 354.

Being semi-retired though, I don't really work either me OR the tractors very hard. Pasture maintenance, farm road maintenance, carrying/towing feed & water in the winter, mowing in the summer, occasional snow removal. They're basic machines - essentially 1960s technology that's been held over in the 21st century. Pretty easy to work on with reasonably common tools. But if you've never owned a tractor before, be prepared to have a toolbox handy at all times. It pays to be vigilant, tightening loose stuff and stopping leaks - generally on the lookout to fix small problems before they become big ones.

No matter which Chinese tractor you select in the end, make sure you check out the dealer before you decide to buy. Even if you don't rely on him for warranty maintenance, it's VERY important to have a responsive parts source.

//greg// ....

Eurolepard

View my Photos
Acacia

2007-12-30          149735

Yes,what you say is very true,as its the parts availability that has me worried.The dealer near me,who's about 14km away, quit close,sells The Jimna range,as well as Mahindra.When i was there he seemed to push the Mahindra product saying that there the best choice for reliability and parts.And a little further away the Foton/Euroleopard dealer say's Dont buy a Mahindra,a sparts are hard to get,so it doesnt give me much confidence to push ahead...but i guess he would say that as he does not sell the others....so its a hard decision,maybe i should just stick with my Grey-Fergy,which i have had for 20 years,ony replaced a water -pump in that time.The thing still runs like a swiss watch...thanks !!!

//anton/// ....

Eurolepard

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-12-30          149739

Acacia,

It's a great time to be looking for a slightly used tractor. The housing economy is in the tank. People throughout the nation have seen their home loan rates go up by leaps and bounds over the past year or two, making their house payments skyrocket. (Variable rate loans)

Many people who purchased homes also purchased new snowmobiles, tractors, 4-wheelers, etc. But, now that their home loans are costing so much more than when they originally purchased the home, people can no longer afford the payments on their "toys".

I've seen used tractors on the market with fewer than 30 hours on them........and at prices well below the market average. Now is the time to hunt for a different tractor. The used tractor market is ripe for the picking, and it is a BUYER'S market. This opportunity doesn't come along very often.

If you're looking for a different tractor, you should be able to find a quality machine at a price you can easily live with. You don't have to look for a Chinese import in order to save some cash.

Joel ....

Eurolepard

View my Photos
greg_g

2007-12-30          149741

Um, Joel. Did you miss the part about Acacia being located in Australia?

//greg// ....

Eurolepard

View my Photos
Acacia

2007-12-30          149743

We are; id say in the same boat,as housing prices in Australia is amongst the highest in the world, so is dept,personal or other,I am lucky to be in the position to shop for toy's.

//ANTON// ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login