Go Bottom Go Bottom

Steel Framed Houses

View my Photos
IRTEXN
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2002-08-27          41710

I seriously considering building a steel framed house. I really like the Heritage brand out of Arkansas. They seem to have a well thought out and engineered package. Has anyone had any experience in erecting one of these? And secondly, does anyone know of a crew in the Houston area that will erect them. I can finish it, just dont know anything about red-iron erection. Thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Steel Framed Houses

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2002-08-28          41754

I looked into it and timber frame construction, but opted for insulative form construction with regular stick frame. The insulative form construction allows for a stronger structure than steel and better insulative values. It is a technique that you can easily do your self also.
The site for the blocks that I used is below. There are a number of copies of this block now but this is still the best engineered.
Another option and site you many want to look at is Viceroy.com. They will send you a kit for all the materials for the house with the walls panelized. ....

Link:   Arxx

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login