Go Bottom Go Bottom

arts way g72a finish mower

View my Photos
aoawizard
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-05-28          163038

I have an arts way g72a finish mower. I need a new belt for it and have no idea of size or configuration of the belt much less any dealer that would handle it. Can anyone help me?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-05-28          163040

If there are any numbers on the old belt or if it is still in one piece go to a NAPA type store they can usually come up with what you need.
I'm not sure if ArtsWay is still in business or if they may have been absorbed by another company. Likely a farm implement dealer can line you up with them. ....

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-05-29          163043

Find a local shop that specializes in drive belts. If what you don't know is how the belt is threaded over the pulleys, take a photo of the top of the mower and bring it to a helpful tractor dealer. If what you don't know is the belt cross-section, bring the old one if you have it or press a piece of plasticine onto a pulley and bring that in. If you don't know what size belt to get, adjust the mower to the loosest (usually a length adjuster an idle pulley), get a length of around half-inch rope, thread it along the route, and measure the length. ....

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-05-29          163061

Quote:
Originally Posted by auerbach | view 163043
Find a local shop that specializes in drive belts. If what you don't know is how the belt is threaded over the pulleys, take a photo of the top of the mower and bring it to a helpful tractor dealer. If what you don't know is the belt cross-section, bring the old one if you have it or press a piece of plasticine onto a pulley and bring that in. If you don't know what size belt to get, adjust the mower to the loosest (usually a length adjuster an idle pulley), get a length of around half-inch rope, thread it along the route, and measure the length.

Boy that sounds like experience. :) ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login