Go Bottom Go Bottom

Belarus 250 loss of power then won t start

View my Photos
lobird
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2018-09-13          197968

Changed paper fuel filters and cleaned injectors to address lose of power. Then the tractor would start and run until engaging PTO. Within a minute it looses power and dies.
Tried to purge air from lines. Is there a trick or sequence of steps to get it all out? LB

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2018-09-21          198014

Have you gotten this fixed? As to purging the air think if you just set the tractor at fast idle for few minutes that would take care of that. What do you have hooked to the pto? Could there be an issue with it such as bearing or gear box locking up and needing lube?

When you have it running and it begins to loose power try opening your fuel cap to be sure it not having suction in the tank and pull air filter and check it for being clogged and or trash in the intake before the filter. Diesels need lots of air. Will also cause them to over heat. ....

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2018-09-21          198015

Well just realized you have two other new post on this tractor...stay with one thread so all questions can be addressed.

If you have a helper, get a spray can of WD 40, not starting fluid. Remove air filter and while engine is being cranked over shoot short blast of WD 40 in the air intake. If it is fuel issue it will start and run with short burst of the WD 40. I have done this to purge air after changing fuel filter.

Do not know that tractor but would think it may have both manual and maybe electric fuel cut off. May have manual emergency cut off and the electric being the normal cut off. Regardless if there is manual be sure it has not been pulled by accident and also if pulled be sure it is returning to run position when pushed back in. ....

View my Photos
lobird

2018-09-24          198024

Still not running. I've been out of town for a few days. I've tried all the suggestions except using WD40 in the intake. Loosening the supply line nuts at the injectors while turning it over w/o compression, I get some fuel squirting out but it looks weak to me. Haven't devised a method to pressure test that output yet. Beginning to think its the high pressure pump itself. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2018-09-24          198026

How old is the fuel? If old drain tank and refill with fresh fuel. ....

View my Photos
lobird

2018-09-26          198031

removed the tank, no visible obstruction, replaced tank, added new fuel, no change. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2018-09-28          198039

Change any & all rubber fuel lines in the system.

They deteriorate and get soft, they then allow enough fuel to pass to let the machine idle but when you apply more power the line collapses and starves the engine of fuel.

Best of luck. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login