Go Bottom Go Bottom

Reliable Belarus 82

View my Photos
marcus10
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2011-04-13          177948

Hi,
i have an opportunity to buy an old Belarus tractor. It's model 82 from 1986. It's very old machine and i can have it for only $6k. My question is: is there any chance that it will be reliable? Becouse as i read on this forum, these tractors break all the time.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Reliable Belarus 82

View my Photos
jlmacfad
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2011-04-28          178223

>>Becouse as i read on this forum, these tractors break all the time.<<
In response to your comment above....I think you will find that every tractor's forum is full of repair requests....that's one of the reasons the forum exists. It doesn't imply that the brand of tractor is inherently flawed.
I feel you should view the activity on this forum from another perspective. The amount of support provided by the members of this forum should reassure you that you will always have a place to turn if you need assistance or knowledge.

FWIW.................

Reliable Belarus 82

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-04-28          178224

I don't know the answer or if my comments will help.

Every vehicle will need servicing, parts, manuals. But they all seem harder to come by with this brand.

It does seem a lot of tractor for the money. I trust you really need such a serious machine.

As tractors go, it's not particularly old. The best source of help would be someone who owns one.

Reliable Belarus 82

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-04-29          178237

To me the advice given all makes sense. One area auerbach touched on I will say in different words...if you can not afford for the machine to be down, be sure you are getting one parts and other support is very strong and convenient for. If not then pass regardless the brand or the deal. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login