Go Bottom Go Bottom

Belarus Tractor torgue for head bolts

View my Photos
bushhog
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-03-07          160860

Hi guys; Let me prefice by saying I am a real novice mechanic and I'm working off suggestions from everywhere.I have a 1994 Belarus 250A, my problem is the fly wheel will only go halfway arround. I need to remove the head to see what is stopping the pistons or rods from moving completly up and down. I am told that the torque and order of loosening and tightening on all bolts is critical. My question is how do I find this torque and order information?This info is not in owners manual or parts catalog. Thanks for any info.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-03-07          160862

It's similar to removing/installing a tire rim. No precautions are required to remove them, but to be kind to the metal, you could loosen each opposite pair by two hairs (sorry, only advanced mechanics understand "hair" metrics), and then undo them.

To install, start around the middle of the head and work outward, alternating ends, in at least three steps toward the final torque setting. It's only that number that you need to get, likely around 70-80 foot-pounds.

Unless you are careful and lucky, plan on replacing the gasket between the head and the block (after thoroughly cleaning and inspecting the two mating surfaces). If you're planning on keeping it a long while, consider getting new head bolts and checking their torque after 100 or so hours. ....

View my Photos
cutter
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-03-07          160866

Are you convinced the problem is between the head and piston and not on the bottom end? ....

View my Photos
bushhog

2009-03-07          160870

Thanks auerbach.
Cutter; I am not sure the problem is not on the bottom end.I guess I have to start somewhere. Is there a way to decide if the problem is top or bottom? Thanks. ....

View my Photos
cutter

2009-03-07          160871

Isn't there a way to access the oil pan? You could pull that off and inspect from the bottom. Some diesels have an access plate on the side of the block, check for that as I am not familiar with that engine. ....

View my Photos
bushhog

2009-03-07          160872

Thankyou Cutter I will check it out. Do oilpan bolts have torque requirements? If not that maybe the easier first attempt. ....

View my Photos
cutter

2009-03-07          160875

Most every bolt on the thing probably has torque requirements and in fact most bolts have a limit before they stretch too far an/or break. Can't tell you what that might be, I go by feel on stuff like oil pans. ....

View my Photos
auerbach

2009-03-07          160876

Tell me the bolt size and what's stamped on the head and I'll give you the torque.

The size in millimeters can be the diameter at the threads or the hex width (the distance from one shoulder to the opposite one). A number on the head, likely a 7 or 11, indicates the metal grade. ....

View my Photos
bushhog

2009-03-08          160907

Hi auerbach,I have some measurements on bolt heads,I took it that shoulder to shoulder meant flat side to opposite flat side(corner to corner was 2-3mm more)oil pan bolt had #8 on head and 11mm wide.The remaining nuts and bolts had no #'s on top of them.Head 16mm threaded rod 10mm;Nut 16mm threaded rod 9mm;Nut 22mm;Nut 19mm; Some of these nuts had no threaded rod exposed. Thanks in advance. ....

View my Photos
cutter

2009-03-08          160908

If I were in your position, I would pull that pan and worry about the torque later. You may be making a repair from the bottom end or you may be pulling the thing apart. Either way, start tearing down and keep the bolts with each respective component.

Once you find the problem, then you can gather the information needed to stick it back together. I doubt you will have a problem doing that. Good luck! ....

View my Photos
vladimirec

2009-03-10          160937

Torque for head bolts: 20-22 kg on 0.5m -> 10-11kg/m-->
100-110 Nm. These values are from service manual.
You should also adjust valve clearance,for cold engine it should be 0.3 mm both inlet ad outlet valve.

to all:
What gearboxes you have on yours 250's? one handle or two? ....

View my Photos
auerbach

2009-03-10          160943

Depending on your readout, 21 kgm = 152 ft-lbs = 210 Nm.

Yes, it's flat side to opposite. A #8 11-mm wants 50-60 ft-lbs. A 16-mm gets 125-225 ft-lbs, depending on grade (no grade-stamp implies a low grade). A 22-mm gets 250-500 ft-lbs unless it's a head bolt, in which case follow the specification. ....

View my Photos
vladimirec

2009-03-11          160995

quotation from manual 'zategnite ravnomjerno snagom 20-22kgs na rukavcu od 0.5m' --> tight evenly with force of 20-22 kgs on arm/wrist of 0.5m. Try to find better translation, maybe I'm wrong.

M=F*l M=20*0.5=10 kgm

The torque isn't greater because there is no head gasket,head comes directly on cylinder. ....

View my Photos
vladimirec

2009-03-12          161018

You have entire t-25(belarus 250) catalogue of parts on:
http://www.autosoft.ru/online/acat/?idmodel=229&idmark=28&atype=3 ....

View my Photos
bushhog

2009-03-13          161031

Thankyou Vladimirec, I went to the website you mentioned but it is in Croatian. I have a parts manual but the torques are not there.On my next days off I am going to start taking some parts off to try to determine what is the problem. Thanks all.

View my Photos
auerbach

2009-03-13          161047

Vlad, if you would like a pen-pal, a Canadian electrical engineering student, give me your email address. ....

View my Photos
vladimirec

2009-03-17          161176

Thanks for offer.mmcorsair8@gmail.com, but i'm not promissing nothing. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login