Go Bottom Go Bottom

first tractor

View my Photos
newatthis
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-06-01          87403

I'm looking for advice. Looking at buying my first tractor and considering JD, New Holland and Kuboto. I have 6 acres, more than half wooded. I need a mowing deck so it won't take half my life to mow. Except for the sand mound most of the grass area is level. I have very rocky soil which is making it next to impossible to dig in. Planting a shrub or tree seems to take forever by hand, so I'm looking for something that will take a backhoe attachment. I also plan to put in a fence and could use the post hole digger. The driveway is about 200' long -gravel - and I'm figuring I could use the FEL to double-duty for a snow plow. I'll listen to any good advice here! Thanks.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

first tractor

View my Photos
drcjv.
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-06-01          87405

My situation seems very similar to yours and I have a TC33D with a 7308 loader, 757 hoe, PHD, ect. It has worked flawlessly for the past two years. It worked great for all the task you mentioned. Good luck. ....

first tractor

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-06-01          87421

If your soil is really rocky, the PHD might not work so well. The backhoe with a smallish bucket will dig your post holes. ....

first tractor

View my Photos
trbomax

2004-06-01          87433

You can get an auger that is called a "rock crusher", it will bore anything short of solid rock. Ive been useing a 14" one in my creek bottom while building a retaining wall.They are a little pricey though, a 14" one was $300 ....

first tractor

View my Photos
Chief

2004-06-01          87449

Since you specified a backhoe; I would strongly recommend the John Deere 4115. Mark I am sure can cover all the details of this machine as compared to others of this size with a hoe on the back. ....

first tractor

View my Photos
Art White

2004-06-02          87490

I'd say to look at the BX, it's a lot of tractor for it's size and the hoe is and the way it's mounted is the best in the industry in it's size and then some. The price won't leave you with empty pockets for long and the enjoyment of it will last for years. They are capable of mowing about 2-3 acres an hour with no trouble and altough small they are very capable. I watched as a customer of mine was moving a stone for me in a flower bed that must have weighed about a ton. ....

first tractor

View my Photos
oneace

2004-06-02          87551

As far as hoes go Kubota is In my opinion the easiest to take on and off and are pretty sturdy. New Holland hoes are very tricky to get on but they are a good solid hoe and there are 4 sizes available 756,757,758,759 all dig as deep as there respective last digit. I am not familiar with JD so I will let the others explain those. ....

first tractor

View my Photos
drcjv.

2004-06-03          87597

Oneace once you get the hang of putting the hoe on and off it is easy. I can take it off in under 5 min and put it on in about 8 min. ....

first tractor

View my Photos
newatthis

2004-06-03          87646

Thank you all so much. I went and looked at the 4115 and the BX23. The local New Holland dealer (1) didn't have one on site to look at and (2) Failed to show up for an appointment to look at the property so he could "advise" me on the purchase. So... I think I'm leaning hard toward the Kubota. I just posted a price question at the Kubota price category, but I'll repeat myself here. Is $16,370 for the BX23 a decent price? They're offering the 60" MMM for $1,765; the tiller at $1,400 and the PHD for $675. Thanks again. Really appreciate the advice from people who know what they're talking about. ....

first tractor

View my Photos
oneace

2004-06-03          87664

I put allot of hoes on NH tractors, from the Tc 24 the whole way up to the tc55. None of them even come close to the ease of kubota. And most people in here know I bleed blue. ....

first tractor

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-06-04          87716

That is NOT a very good price on a BX23....... unless the price includes some of the attachments you outlined. ....

first tractor

View my Photos
Millstone

2004-06-05          87809

Oneace, after installing all those backhoes, what is the best choice for a TC33D? Any problems with different brands of hoes, such as maintenance, parts, ease of install/remove? ....

first tractor

View my Photos
beagle

2004-06-06          87867

For that kind of money, go to the B-series. You will find them more compatable with many of the implements you plan on using.

Just a suggestion, you will find plowing snow with the FEL a little cumbersome. You may want to look at a front blade or a blower. Also, the BX post hole digger will be very limiting for you. ....

first tractor

View my Photos
oneace

2004-06-06          87873

The only other Brand of hoe I have installed on our tractors besides NH is woods. They are a bit easier to remove and install but it requires the removal of the 3pt arms. Put then you also get a PTO pump which is allot better than the tractor pump. ....

first tractor

View my Photos
drcjv.

2004-06-07          87902

Millstone If your looking for a hoe for your TC33D check out the Rhino hoe. As I said before Rhino makes the OEM hoes for NH. The only differance is the cylinders are black instead of blue and the decals and serial # badge are Rhino not NH. Everthing else is the same. Oh except price I got mine $1800 less than the best NH quote. It took the dealer two hours to install it the first time and now with some practice under my belt I can mount and dismount in minutes.
$1800 can go a long way for some other Implements. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login