Go Bottom Go Bottom

TC33D

View my Photos
BobTheFarmer
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2002-04-09          37221

I just wanted to get feedback on the quote I got. Can anyone tell me if I am getting a good deal or not?

TC 33 Hydro, SuperSteer, Turf Tires, FEL, MMM Rear Discharge Mulching, Block Heater, Rear Light.

Total 20900.00

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

TC33D

View my Photos
Mrwurm

2002-04-09          37223

The price you listed is about $1,000 cheaper than the prices I've seen lately. NH just released new dealer incentives last friday and from my calculations the discount has been passed on to you in this deal. I got a price within $200 of yours on the same setup without the supersteer.
Jerry

TC33D

View my Photos
Bill Sowder

2002-04-09          37231

I bought a TC33d Supersteer w/ R-4',s FEL, Woods finish mower, box blade and grading blade for $20650 in June. Definately go for the SS!!. I'm in the woods and hills and it's been great.

Good luck

B ....

TC33D

View my Photos
lpdcac

2002-04-12          37351

We recently bought a 33D w/FEL for $18400. I later learned that we might have gotten a bit better deal at another dealer. ....

TC33D

View my Photos
bigbukhntr

2002-04-16          37477

bob..didnt u end up buying a jd 4200....? ....

TC33D

View my Photos
BobTheFarmer

2002-04-16          37484

Nope never did.. I am on the verge of buying a tractor right now. I am looking at a JD 4310, 4410 or NH TC33. The JD models have been so over priced compared to what you get on a TD 33. I have one JD and was going to keep with the same color but at this point the price is not helping. The quality appears to be about he same on both. ....

TC33D

View my Photos
treeman
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2002-04-16          37499

Four mo. ago I bought a TC33D and now have 26 hrs. on it. I have a FEL, SS, rear blade, belly mower w/side discharge, turfs. I paid 20600 for it. I love the SS. ....

TC33D

View my Photos
bigbukhntr

2002-04-16          37513

i agree bob, jd are just too pricey for what u get...i came real close to buying a 33D but ended up buying a kubota L3010...got the tractor/fel/5'mower/5'boxblade/18'trailer for $18K...i added R4's for additinal $550.... new holland dealer is really small where i live, 3-4 tractors at any given time, and the kubota dealer is one of the nations largest, so after sale service was kinda a concern for me...but i sure do like the looks of the TC series tractors ....

TC33D

View my Photos
BobTheFarmer

2002-04-17          37544

Well.. I just bought a new one.... 20,875.00

TC 33D
Super Steer
Hydro
FEL
Turf Tires
72 inch rear discharge mulching MMM
1752 Blade
Arm Rest
Canopy & Radio
Block Heater
Rear Light
Filled Rear Tires

TC33D

View my Photos
Tom Kopf

2002-04-17          37549

Congratulations! You'll love playing with the SS. What did you have before this tractor? ....

TC33D

View my Photos
lpdcac

2002-04-17          37550

Our 33D didn't come with SS. Reading the comments here, I'm wondering what we are missing by not having it. What is SS and why would it have been a good idea to buy it?

Phil_D ....

TC33D

View my Photos
BobTheFarmer

2002-04-18          37580

I have a JD 935 for cutting and had an Oliver 55... so It will be a big step from the Oliver! The 935 will continue to do it's job but I can see now that with the wife on one and me on the other we will know the yard work down to only a couple of hours!

BTW SS or SuperSteer provide a smaller turning radius. I can actually cut around trees a lot closer than an average tractor. Actually, it cuts just about as close as the 935 can! SS also make manuevering easier in the woods or trails. ....

TC33D

View my Photos
BillMullens
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2002-04-18          37588

Phil, see this link for New Holland's ad for SuperSteer. It turns the whole axle toward the turn when the wheels are turned; also includes some kind of clutch to keep the front tires from tearing the turf when turning sharply in 4wd. I've never heard anything bad about it; it adds some weight and expense and when first available, people were concerned about durability (more moving parts to break/maintain, etc). Must be pretty good though. I went with the Keep It Simple (and cheap) idea of manual tranny, so no SS on my TC29.
Bill ....

Link:   SuperSteer

TC33D

View my Photos
JSalyer

2002-04-18          37611

Several dealers in my area are against supersteer with a FEL or steep terrain. They feel that the SS creates a weak point when using the FEL and also allows the tractor to turn over too easy when on a hill. ....

TC33D

View my Photos
BobTheFarmer

2002-04-19          37623

FEL and hills are an issue not only for SS but for all tractors. I am lucky enough not to worry about FEL issues on hills since my property is flat. My Bother-Inlaw has hills and hasn't had any issues with this. I guess good knowledge of not keeping the loader in the air and trying to make a turn on a hill would be an issue for just about any tractor. If you haven't tried SS I you are really missing out on some steering that really can make manuvering an ease. ....

TC33D

View my Photos
Tom Kopf

2002-04-19          37627

Bob, I couldn't say it any better than that. I have some slopes on my wooded property and wouldn't give up SS for anything. Common sense on ANY tractor is the bottom line. ....

TC33D

View my Photos
Peters

2002-04-20          37672

Common sense is not too common these days.
I am not one to talk. Was moving hay yesterday and backed up and turned quickly on the cement drive way with the bucket slightly up and empty. We danced on two wheels for a second. ....

TC33D

View my Photos
lpdcac

2002-04-21          37678

I've been in a couple of situations with my 33D recently where common sense has gone walkabout. We've been felling some trees and moving the brush and cut-to-length trunks to other locations on the property. The ground surface in the area where we've been working is pretty rough what with holes where we've also been ripping rock out. I picked up (barely) one 16' long log on the palette forks and started to move forward in 4wd when a front wheel fell into one of the holes. It's a really bad feeling knowing that you're only a few inches or pounds away from laying the tractor on its side. When I had my small Yanmar 195 in service I tried to do 33hp work with it. Now I've got the 33hp and I'm asking it to do 45hp stuff. Do you ever get to the point of having enough horses?

Phil_D ....

TC33D

View my Photos
TomG

2002-04-21          37680

Well, the expression I've heard is that 'Common Sense Isn't.' Suppose whether that’s isn't common or isn't sense depends on the context or person.

I'll contribute an 'opps' story. I almost did the equivalent of painting myself into a corner once. While trenching for an underground electrical service for the trailer at our camp, I found myself with a trench in front of the tractor and the steep slope of a raised leeching pit on one side. Well, I should have been able to just back out except that I had been dumping the hoe exactly where I needed to back, and there’s a 40’ trailer on the other side of the trench.

'Opps, says I! Well, I'll just take it real slow. So, one back wheel starts up the slope of the hoe excavations and the opposite front wheel starts up the leeching pit slope. 'Easy does it,' I'm thinking, and then I look down and one front wheel seems about 2' off the ground. I wonder just how far those front axle pivot points pivot? 'Whew,' turn very gently down hill. ‘Nip and tuck’ but all four wheels are again on the ground. The only trouble is that I'm now on a steep side hill of unstable excavations. More ‘easy does it’ and eventually there’s escape without accident.

I note that the only reason I dumped the hoe where I did is so I could backfill the trench with the loader instead of a shovel. The moral here might be ‘ hills are where you make them.’ Or maybe, ‘shovel adversity is its own punishment.’

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login