Go Bottom Go Bottom

Yanmar 1500D hydraulic fluid change

View my Photos
Hawkin33
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2017-01-11          196082

I need to change the tans/hyd fluid in my 1500D. It has an add on joy stick for a rear bucket/scraper/3pt attachments. Does anyone know how much Fluid it will take to accomplish this. Will 5 gal be enough?

-----Most important question is---- How many drain plugs are there and where are they are located?
A manual would be nice to reference but I can't afford one now and need to change the fluid quickly. Any downloadable copies out there?

Also wanted to check if anyone know for sure if this has a screen instead of a screw on filter? I don see one on the outside. What is the location of the screen?

Thanks so much for any help you can offer.
Hawkin33

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2017-01-11          196083

I need to change the tans/hyd fluid in my 1500D. It has an add on joy stick for a rear bucket/scraper/3pt attachments. Does anyone know how much Fluid it will take to accomplish this. Will 5 gal be enough? ABOUT, BUT JUST ADD FLUID UNTIL, WHEN YOU LOOK IN, WHAT GEARS YOU CAN SEE ARE COVERED, AND THERE'S A COUPLE INCHES HEAD SPACE (SPACE ABOVE THE LEVEL TO ALLOW FOR HEAT EXPANSION).

-----Most important question is---- How many drain plugs are there and where are they are located?

MOST MODELS HAVE ONE OR TWO. UNDERNEATH.

A manual would be nice to reference but I can't afford one now and need to change the fluid quickly. Any downloadable copies out there? DOUBT IT. THE MURRAY MANUAL COST $40.

Also wanted to check if anyone know for sure if this has a screen instead of a screw on filter? I don see one on the outside. What is the location of the screen? ALL HAVE A SCREEN FILTER. LOOK UNDER FOR A TRIANGULAR COVER HELD BY THREE BOLTS AROUND 10 MM. DRAIN, REMOVE, CLEAN, PUT BACK. CAREFUL WITH THE O-RING. SOME HAVE ALSO A SPIN-ON FILTER TOO -- BIGGER THAN AND ON THE SIDE OPPOSITE THE OIL FILTER.

View my Photos
Hawkin33

2017-01-11          196084

Thanks very much. Will buy 5 gal. Found the triangular cover.Thanks for the support! ....

View my Photos
dualhvision

2017-01-11          196085

It should be, I have a 336d and I think that was plenty, just start the tractor and put the joy sticks in middle position when you check the dip stick. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login